Windows 10: Rename Windows 10 system folders
Rename Windows 10 system folders
All the folders less ShellExperienceHost in the following 4 folders, has been renamed.
It has gone a few days, and still everything is working normal, at least from what I can see Can anyone please answer to the next 3 questions?
1.If is not already happening in the background, what it will happen or what it could happen sooner or later regarding the properly functioning of OS, services, system applications(I don't think I use any) or other used third party applications?
2. If it will not happen something for sure sooner or later, can someone please tell where are the biggest chances to something not work like it should?
- security of the os + it's applications, other services, and third party programs.
- stability(proper functionality) of the os + it's applications, other services, and third party programs.
- slowing down the system and the applications.
3. If you consider that something wrong will happen for sure, is there the option to prevent it without renaming only the OS dependencies folder? Or the only chance to prevent something bad which will happen 100% for sure, is to let all the names of the folders default, like they were before?
It looks as if this reply to your other post offers sound advice:
but perhaps the expert folks here will have additional suggestions...
First off. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum :o
So I have had Windows 10 for a couple of months now, and have never had any issues up until now.
Whenever I try to rename a folder/ add new folder file explorer freezes as soon as i touch the...
After installing KB3124200 & KB3116900 updates, I'm no longer able to rename or move folders. When I try, it gives the error "Can't find the specified file".
I have done sfc /scannow but it didn't help. Also, I have run default file...
My computer was recently updated to Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.29
I can not name New Folders.
I can rename text or doc files.
This is the error I receive
Can't find the specified file
Make sure you specify...
Im installing windows 10 on ssd and i have a spinning drive i plan to put frequently changes windows data(temp) and rarely used windows data(Installer).
From what i gathered, it is not recommended to do so in audit mode. So, I wonder, is it okay...
How do you create and rename folders in the Windows 10 Mail App?
With the Windows 8 Mail App, it was just a case of right-clicking, but the Windows 10 Mail App, right-clicking just shows 'Remove From Favourites' and 'Pin To Start'. There's no...