Windows 10: Reliability History Hardware Error Unknown Cause
I'll throw my hat into the ring on this too. I am seeing this pop up in reliability history too. It seems to be a phantom hardware error because nothing is amiss. If I didn't look in reliability history I'd be none the wiser. It only started after the last but one cumulative update. Seems to go approx. 7 days between the time this message pops up. It happens on both our PCs. One runs Nvidia 980ti and the other runs one of those weak internal Intel GPU. It's irritating to see but I think it's erroneous, there is nothing else I can find to back up the message and although I am not really adept at reading the event monitor there is nothing in here. I'm just chalking it up as yet another annoying Windows 10 bug that probably won't get addressed anytime soon.
Glad to see it isn't just me then. True to form it showed up again this morning. Watched a few videos on my PC etc since and no issues. Everything is running smoothly. I don't think it's specific to one type of system as my dad's AIO Acer PC has the same errors/issues and it affects both Nvidia and AMD users. Very strange but hopefully it will be fixed soon.
So another cumulative update yesterday but this 'anomaly' lives on! Both our machines showing a hardware error in reliability monitor with no other apparent problems. Happens every 7 days according to the reliability history.
I have had the message too!
3 times so far:
27th November, 6th and 9th of December.
I, for one have this LiveKernelEvent error too and its the first time I've ever encountered it. I checked around 10 forums and some say it was a microsoft bug. On the unrelated note, I noticed that my windows update cleanup files are like 3tb and I didn't realized it until Disk cleanup hungs at the end of the deleting process but I clicked canceled. It got me worried so I rebooted my pc and doing the sfc /scannow as well as using the Dism to check. I sometimes get errors like remote procedure call failed when using one of the Dism commands, but most of the time it came out clean. Even sfc /scannow shows no problems. Am I the only one to think it might be a very nasty windows bug? If so, that is even worse than Windows Me bugs. Here's my error report:
Is there anyway to fix this?
12/12/2016 8:19 PM
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Parameter 1: 1
Parameter 2: 450
Parameter 3: 6e0
Parameter 4: 900000007
OS version: 10_0_14393
Service Pack: 0_0
OS Version: 10.0.14322.214.171.124.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
As I had mentioned previously, download Nirsoft's BlueScreenView. Run it and use the options to point to the folder "\Windows\LiveKernel\Reports" (there may also be subfolders that point to a specific device). There may be dumps there that indicate what device may be having the issue if it is a specific device (it will point to its driver).
I am pretty convinced it's a Windows bug and a false report. Both our machines at home with very different hardware do it. I checked my dads pc and also my brother and these also have the issue. I see no issues when actually using Windows and if I didn't look in reliability history I'd be totally unaware so I'm reasonably certain it's erroneous
I still haven't seen it on any of my 8 PCs. Weird!
It is strange, every pc I seem to encounter does it. Both our home machines every seven days it seems!!! But the machines tick along just fine and are very different beasts. One is a high spec gaming pc whilst the other is a weak celeron Intel gpu that just serves our living room tv for basic browsing
Here's mine after clean install: I had to clean install due to stability issues after upgrading from 8.1. In the process I loat Windows DVD player app.
Windows explorer keeps crashing when a new app or programs are installed.
I noted a message in reliability history this morning about svchost.exe having stopped working. First time I've ever seen that message. At the time I was signing in and out of our many family user accounts updating apps, it probably co incidee with...
I've used gpedit to allow manual control of updates and manually download and install updates when available, and I set "Notifiy to download" option. That gave me control similar to what I had with Win7. Or so I thought. But the Reliability...
When I go to control panel > Security and Maint. > Maint. > View reliability history
nothing happens, and control panel closes.
This happened in the last build also.