Hi, a botched Win7 update on windowsupdate forced me to reinstall Windows, so I went Win10 10130.
Got most of the stuff working the way I want by googling and the help of way cleverer People than I.
Here's what I cant - for the life of me - figure out:
I cannot drag and drop within Windows Explorer (sort of)
- I can drag and drop within the same Folder/subfolder structure, e.g. on the right side of Windows Explorer I can dnd a file to a subfolder but I cannot dnd a file over to the left side (This PC) to any of the folders, nas drives, san drives or local drives (shows red crossed through circle)
- I can dnd e.g. an Image file from Internet Explorer to any folder or location in Windows Explorer
- I can dnd any file from Windows Explorer to the Desktop but not the same file from within Windows Explorer to the Desktop Icon in Windows Explorer
- I can dnd files from Windows Explorer to applications (e.g. Video, Audio) to run
- I cannot dnd with my elevated user profile (admin), not with the hidden admin account, nor with any other account I created and tried
- I can basically just dnd within the active Details Pane
Explorer.exe crashes with Memory Error on logout/shudown
- Read up here and other places and apparently no one really knows why this happens, so I suppose I just wait for another build or RTM to fix this
Make my elevated user account a real Administrator account
- Is there a way to give my admin account the same unrestricted rights as the hidden real Admin Account?
- Yes I know the risks, no I dont care, I want real unrestricted admin rights on my machine
iPhone camera roll Images transfer to This PC drives
- When transferring images from iPhone (cut and paste to a local drive) Win10 is incredibly slow and doesnt really update the progress bar...anyone else experiencing this too?
Important to me is really only the drag and drop thing, the others I can live with but if anyone has feedback to those, please share. Thanks.