1. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       07 Jun 2015 #1

    Logon screen?????


    i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes almost all the time. i get a flashing screen, and the credentials to logon are hard to get it to accept them. does anyone else here have such problems, and if so is there anyone who has any workarounds or fixes for this? thanks in advance for any information shared.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 28
    Win10 Preview, latest version
       08 Jun 2015 #2

    Haven't had any problems here, its been extremely stable. Are you trying to use a non-standard resolution/aspect ratio other than 16:9 ? Does it do it both with and without the NVidia driver?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       08 Jun 2015 #3

    Stevo said: View Post
    Haven't had any problems here, its been extremely stable. Are you trying to use a non-standard resolution/aspect ratio other than 16:9 ? Does it do it both with and without the NVidia driver?
    really? wow! my logon screen starts flashing as soon as it comes up. and i have tried different nvidia drivers, but with the same results. when i try to put in my password many times, it will not give me the place to do so. i click it, and it doesn't come out. only when i get the restart prompt to be active, will it allow me to type in my password. of course with me being the only one using my pc, i think it is ridiculous that i even have to choose myself or type in my user name. i've never had to do this on any other version of windows.
    i have an extremely advanced computer, so i'm not sure why there is problems, especially if others are not having problems. i will look into it further on the feedback app. thanks for letting me know you have no problems with it. what build are you using? how new is your pc?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 28
    Win10 Preview, latest version
       08 Jun 2015 #4

    Mines a recent custom desktop build, running Win 10 ver 10130.

    Mine boots into a lockscreen(wallpaper), then I just click anywhere and I get the login credentials. The only time I have a problem is when I forget that I converted to my Microsoft account login instead of a local login and I use the wrong password.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,917
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       08 Jun 2015 #5

    STEVAE said: View Post
    really? wow! my logon screen starts flashing as soon as it comes up. and i have tried different nvidia drivers, but with the same results. when i try to put in my password many times, it will not give me the place to do so. i click it, and it doesn't come out. only when i get the restart prompt to be active, will it allow me to type in my password. of course with me being the only one using my pc, i think it is ridiculous that i even have to choose myself or type in my user name. i've never had to do this on any other version of windows.
    i have an extremely advanced computer, so i'm not sure why there is problems, especially if others are not having problems. i will look into it further on the feedback app. thanks for letting me know you have no problems with it. what build are you using? how new is your pc?
    right click on the windows icon lower left , type this ,netplwiz ,into run, uncheck user has to use password to login, click OK ,then put in your password and reboot .,
    also disable password on wake .right click on the windows logo and go to power options .
    see image, click circled item and uncheck used password on wake, ,,that's only if you want to ,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       08 Jun 2015 #6

    caperjack said: View Post
    right click on the windows icon lower left , type this ,netplwiz ,into run, uncheck user has to use password to login, click OK ,then put in your password and reboot .,
    also disable password on wake .right click on the windows logogo to power options .
    see image, click circled item and uncheck used password on wake, ,,that's only if you want to ,
    thank you so much. that killed the flashing window on the lockscreen. now i have loaded asus facelogon, and i still have security, but with out the problems of win 10 logon screen. thanks again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,917
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       08 Jun 2015 #7

    your welcome
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Ms account - How do I HIDE email address on Logon / LOCK screen
Hi there The trouble with an Ms account is that the email address is part of the account and it displays on the logon / lock screen. If I'm in a public place I'd rather NOT have that info shown. Anyway to HIDE it or at least the email part....
User Accounts and Family Safety
Solved How to logon without a password
When I updated to build 10159 I had to use my MSA to do so and thus needed to provide the password. Now that I have build 10159 is there a way for me to logon without needing to provide a password? Solved by setting up a local account in...
General Support
Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption.
Just installed win10 (build 10130) last night onto my Asus laptop. I upgraded from Win 7 Home. There was only 1 user on Win7, me, system admin. On the first upgrade, after attaching my profile to my Windows account, after the first reboot, I could...
General Support
Solved Bypass logon?
OK, so I have installed Win10 (9926) from the ISO image, and managed to customise it a bit, but there are still some annoyances, like... ...having to log on every time Win10 starts up. I have persuaded it not to ask after waking up from sleep,...
General Support
Hide email / Ms user account at logon screen - Security !!
Hi there. I stupidly signed on with an Ms user ID - so at login time it shows my user name (on the computer) + the email address (Ms account user name) on the login. The old Local user just gave you your USER Name - and a panel to enter the...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums