Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Jun 2015 #11
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,618
    Windows 10 IoT

    My HP laser printer and all in one are auto detected and the drivers installed in the background. Both work OK so I don't even bother with the HP drivers anymore. The laser is WIFI too. A couple of buttons don't work on my all in one (scan etc) but I can still scan with it from Windows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Jun 2015 #12
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 82
    Windows10 Pro

    I had no trouble with drivers, I installed 10 to a brand new SSD.

    I manual downloaded the Nvidia driver for my 980 from the nvidia website and also the Realtek HD audio driver so that I can enable speaker fill, bass management and room correction for my 5.1 speakers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    07 Jun 2015 #13
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    My HP laser printer and all in one are auto detected and the drivers installed in the background. Both work OK so I don't even bother with the HP drivers anymore. The laser is WIFI too. A couple of buttons don't work on my all in one (scan etc) but I can still scan with it from Windows.
    Same here.. not a single issue with the HP drivers.. works like a charm each and every time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Jun 2015 #14
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,618
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by RamboMcMutNutts View Post
    I had no trouble with drivers, I installed 10 to a brand new SSD.

    I manual downloaded the Nvidia driver for my 980 from the nvidia website and also the Realtek HD audio driver so that I can enable speaker fill, bass management and room correction for my 5.1 speakers.
    My laptop is AMD/AMD dual switchable graphics. All I get are endless ccc has stopped working messages. Doesn't matter what driver I use. My external USM monitor will also not work in Windows 10. Settings could not be saved message when I try to set the correct resolution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Jun 2015 #15
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,078
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    My laptop is AMD/AMD dual switchable graphics. All I get are endless ccc has stopped working messages. Doesn't matter what driver I use. My external USM monitor will also not work in Windows 10. Settings could not be saved message when I try to set the correct resolution.
    You could try changing ccc.exe in (C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static) to ccc.old if you don't use it(set it and forget it) and see if you still get the warning. Or which ever .dll is responsible in reliability history. If it doesn't work or get's worse you can change it back. But make a current image first.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    07 Jun 2015 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Central Florida
    Posts : 346
    Win 7 Pro/32, Win 10 Pro/64/32

    For years, with every version of 'Windows' I fought that old "Dang it, I can't find that driver" war.

    It used to be that you could go to a manufacturer's web site and get a driver pack for almost any brand name PC.
    But lately I've been angered to the point of murder, that every time I try to find a driver I get reconnected to some site that wants me to buy something or take some kind of question game, to get a driver. Arrrrggggghhhh!

    Driver Guide is one of the worse pieces of SH** I've ever seen. Finding Sound Drivers for older motherboards is the worse!

    But when 8.1 arrived on the scene, I was blown away, by the very comprehensive Driver Pack that came with the OS.
    It picked up things like my PCI/USB3.0 driver card, and my Epson XP-410 printer. And of course, it installed drivers for my On-Board sound and LAN. So no more chasing drivers just to get drivers for what's built into my PC. Gotta love it!

    So with 8.1 and now 10, I can just install it and forget it. Everything just Works!*
    * Having non-proprietary hardware helps too.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 Jun 2015 #17
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 291
    Stuck on 16299, RS-4 won’t install

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    So with 8.1 and now 10, I can just install it and forget it. Everything just Works!*
    * Having non-proprietary hardware helps too.
    Are you talking about clean install or an upgrade?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Jun 2015 #18
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by bordi View Post
    I don’t remember having driver issues since MS dos times and maybe windows 95.
    I’m sure it’ll be sorted out within the next few weeks.
    This has been my experience as well. Each version of Windows sicne Vista has been improving the way Windows / MS manages device drivers.

    Device driver management in Win7 was very good and Win8 was excellent.

    I have to keep reminding my self that this is pre-release code and that hardware drivers have to be updated by the OEM and then tested by Microsoft. The reconciliation period is now - OEMs are responsible for providing drivers to MS.

    Other than AMD gfx drivers and two one-off HP drivers (3D Guard - acceleration sensor & HP Wireless Button driver) Win10 has managed the drivers well. AMD is the big one, even though WU offered an update, there are still nuances that have to be resolved. Settings shows me the wrong monitor information, Cpl > Display is correct. Despite that the display seems to be working fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 Jun 2015 #19
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    It used to be that you could go to a manufacturer's web site and get a driver pack for almost any brand name PC.
    But lately I've been angered to the point of murder, that every time I try to find a driver I get reconnected to some site that wants me to buy something or take some kind of question game, to get a driver. Arrrrggggghhhh!

    Driver Guide is one of the worse pieces of SH** I've ever seen. Finding Sound Drivers for older motherboards is the worse!
    Just don't... EVERY ONE of those sites are malware farms, and their only purpose is to infect you with malware. They probably don't even have the driver they claim, and if they do it's certainly infected.

    *NEVER* *EVER* *EVER* go to a site that is not your PC manufacturer or hardware manufacturer to get a driver, except in the rare cases of well known and trusted community sites that focus on driver modding or what not.

    Trust me, I understand the allure of looking everywhere for a driver and not being able to find it.. and then finding someone who says they can solve your ills... but it will always end in heartbreak.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    07 Jun 2015 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Central Florida
    Posts : 346
    Win 7 Pro/32, Win 10 Pro/64/32

    Or didn't I make myself Clear? I DO go to the manufacturer's web site and they shuffle me off to the Driver Guide or some such POS site. Urge to kill !!!!!

    I only know one language and I try to be as specific as I can, but if someone doesn't read me correctly, not my fault. I tried!

      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Let's run Win10 on really really old hardware
So from my last thread it seems that there isn't a main thread for this so here's one. If you've got some old hardware that will run Win10 and the will to do it, post about it here. Post screenshots to proove you've got it working. And no, Core...
Performance & Maintenance
7 new hardware technologies you'll see in Windows 10 PCs
7 new hardware technologies you'll see in Windows 10 PCs | PCWorld
Windows 10 News
Solved Phantom hardware
I have a Lenovo laptop with 2 ssd installed no cd installed. I go to drive management and I have a cd with a dvd mounted with 3.9 GB showing I can open a command prompt and get a directory listing. 7768 I would like to know where this...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:40.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums