Windows 10: Internet Time not updating to correct time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    25 Oct 2016 #1

    Internet Time not updating to correct time


    Date and Time Settings are set to "Set time automatically", But after any reboot, Windows 10 displays the incorrect time.
    When I go to the Date and Time Settings configuration and toggle the "Set time automatically" setting off then on again, the time changes to the correct time.
    Any idea as to why this is happening or how to fix this issue?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    25 Oct 2016 #2

    fpacheco 1960 Make sure you have the correct (Mountain) time zone selected for your location.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    25 Oct 2016 #3

    Your CMOS battery on your motherboard may need replacing,
    First, boot into Setup (Bios) Set the time here. Save and Exit. If the time is behind on this reboot, or any reboot after that, then the CMOS battery must be changed. You can get one from any Drug, Office Supply or Computer store.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cmos_battery1[1].jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    25 Oct 2016 #4

    Thanks for the quick reply

    I thought that might have been the problem, so I replaced the Battery Yesterday, it did not fix the issue.
    This is a Mac Pro 4.1 (Early 2009), there is no Bios, only a EFI that is saved with the battery, booting from macOS Sierra does not have this issue. I am running Windows 10 on a separate SSD, and the issue is only when booting from the Windows SSD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    25 Oct 2016 #5

    Make sure your clock is synchronized with the internet time zone.
    Open Control panel > Date and Time > click on "Internet Time" Tab >Change settings and make sure the box is checked for "Synchronize with Internet Time Sever. server time.windows.com

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	107645
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,519
    Mac OS Sierra
       26 Oct 2016 #6

    fpacheco1960 said: View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply

    I thought that might have been the problem, so I replaced the Battery Yesterday, it did not fix the issue.
    This is a Mac Pro 4.1 (Early 2009), there is no Bios, only a EFI that is saved with the battery, booting from macOS Sierra does not have this issue. I am running Windows 10 on a separate SSD, and the issue is only when booting from the Windows SSD.
    Running in Parallels or Bootcamp? Since you are using a SSD which is most likely connected via USB, there is nothing that you can do other than run a third party utility to sync the clock with a time server.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    26 Oct 2016 #7

    Not running Windows in parallels, bootcamp, or USB. Using a Hardware RAID Areca 1880i with a straight Windows 10 install on a EFI booted SATA 3 connected SSD. Exactly like a non-mac PC running windows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,519
    Mac OS Sierra
       26 Oct 2016 #8

    fpacheco1960 said: View Post
    Not running Windows in parallels, bootcamp, or USB. Using a Hardware RAID Areca 1880i with a straight Windows 10 install on a EFI booted SATA 3 connected SSD. Exactly like a non-mac PC running windows.
    You still have to use a third party utility to set the clock on Windows, since it has to run in either Parallels or Bootcamp when running on Mac hardware, with Mac OS-X installed. Otherwise it installs as a Virtual Machine and you will continue to have problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    27 Oct 2016 #9

    bro67 said: View Post
    You still have to use a third party utility to set the clock on Windows, since it has to run in either Parallels or Bootcamp when running on Mac hardware, with Mac OS-X installed. Otherwise it installs as a Virtual Machine and you will continue to have problems.
    You do not have to use parallels or boot camp to install Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and up allows you to install windows exactly like you would any standard PC.
    See This Link:
    How to Install Windows 10 on Mac OS without Boot Camp? - wikigain

    I just made a bootable USB Windows 10 installer, added the storport drivers for my hardware raid, during install to see my SSDs, choose my empty 480GB SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. It is a full SATA 3 connected Windows 10 installation, not in a "Virtual Machine"
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,519
    Mac OS Sierra
       27 Oct 2016 #10

    fpacheco1960 said: View Post
    You do not have to use parallels or boot camp to install Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and up allows you to install windows exactly like you would any standard PC.
    See This Link:
    How to Install Windows 10 on Mac OS without Boot Camp? - wikigain

    I just made a bootable USB Windows 10 installer, added the storport drivers for my hardware raid, during install to see my SSDs, choose my empty 480GB SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. It is a full SATA 3 connected Windows 10 installation, not in a "Virtual Machine"
    The only way that Windows will run on Mac Hardware is if it runs within a VM. You may not think that it is, but it is actually running in a VM. When you installed Windows on your Mac, the Bootcamp drivers are installed. Apple has made it so that older machines are not going to be able to use Windows 10 on them. That is because they do not want you running Windows on their hardware.

    All of this information is out there and if you want to argue, I would suggest stopping now, because it will not solve the problem that is caused by the fact that you are running Windows in a Virtual Environment, not in a real environment if you were running on Beige Box hardware.

    You are mixing an Operating System with hardware that it was not made to run on. Especially with Windows 10. If you want the clock to be updated in Windows, you will have to get one of the third party utilities that checks the time on a Time server, then updates Windows Time if it is not correct.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Every boot my computer's clock is 7 hours fast. The time zone is correctly set to UTC -08:00 I have set it to synchronize with time.windows.com as well as time.nist.com, to similar results. When clicking the "update now" button I get the error:...
When I wake my Windows 10 anniversary version from sleep, frequently (not always) the time that appears is several hours off and then without my doing anything it quickly switches to the correct time. Is this normal? Could it be an early warning...
I have a brand-new computer with a clean install of Win 10 which I've been using for about 10 days now. While the system time is always correct, every couple of days when I boot the system the date will be off by a day or two, usually ahead. I have...
Hello, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Professional on my Acer Aspire V5-573G laptop. I installed the English (US) version even though I live in the Netherlands. When I corrected the time I have set it to the correct timezone (see screenshot)...
I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow. Yes, the time and timezone are set...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15.
Find Us