Windows 10: Multiple issues: Error code: 0x80070426
Multiple issues: Error code: 0x80070426
I am having a couple of issues and I noticed they all started as I received that error message in Microsoft Security Client.
It's hard to put my issues into writing but I will try my best.
1. After some time of being on a window (a minute or so), my computer won't click in any other window it won't even recognise my mouse when I hover over another Minimize button or "X".
2. Sometimes when I click a tab on Google Chrome it closes the tab.
3. The only way I have figured out I can temporarily fix these issues is by locking my computer through W + L and logging back into my computer. I have tried to fix this with posts and stuff that I've found online but I can't seem to find anyone else that is having the same issue.
4. Sometimes after restarting my computer after an update or a driver update the error code, "0x80070426" appears in the middle of my screen and I don't know what it means.
5. In my attempt to fix this issue Razer Synapse won't recognise my keyboard and in Device Manager my mouse and keyboard appear as, "HID-compliant mouse" & "HID Keyboard device, except I have 3 of each....
With all these issues I understand it might be daunting to help me out but I would really appreciate it.
Welcome to the forum!
Have you tried running the System File Checker program in Windows 10 to check for system file corruption.
To run it:
Right-click the Start button, then select: Command Prompt (Admin)
Type in: sfc /scannow
(Note the space between sfc and the /).
Yes I have tried that with no issues and it found no corrupt system files
This is a long shot, but, the error code 0x80070426 may occur when the Windows Modules Installer service is stopped or is corrupted.
Please do the following to get some info:
Type services.msc in the Ask me anything search box of Cortana.
In the Best match, right click Services and select: Run as Administrator
Scroll down and find the Windows Modules Installer service.
What is the Service status, and the Startup type?
It has no status and that startup type is Automatic
Double click the Windows Modules Installer service. You should get a Properties box.
To the right of Service status does it say stopped, started, just nothing??
From what I can find, the Startup type should be: Manual
The Service status: Started
I fixed that and restarted my computer updating a bunch of stuff so that might have just fixed everything!
if it did then I am extremely happy because it had been the most annoying problem for a month and a half or so!
I'm so frustrated with things that have gone wrong since update to the anniversary release.
The latest is when I do a restart, I get a Error 0x80070426 error. The Security Center Service show that it is running.
I think it started when I did...
I am on my 4th SSD in my Windows 10 laptop that has been getting SMART error 2000-0151. We have replaced the motherboard, the SSD, and the connector cable between the SSD and motherboard.
One thing is that I've been using Macrium Reflect to clone...
To everyone doing a clean Windows 10 install and been getting an Error Code 0xC004C003 for several days with out activation.
I have tried several times to activate my Windows 10. I had several systems that I upgraded Windows via Windows update...
I'm running 8.1. I got the prompt that the download for Windows 10 has started. When I click the "View download progress" button in the "Get Windows 10" window, it brings me to the "Windows Update" window where it starts checking for new updates but...
I recently made a new htpc and am using a hard drive from my main pc that i updated to windows 10 from 8.1. I dont have the slightest clue on what is happening. Any help would be appreciated thank you.
Edit 8/12/15 9:30 PDT Got error called dpc...