Windows 10: Why the need for "Settings"?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 10,166
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       04 Jun 2015 #11

    owensjc said: View Post
    Can't stand the setting app, or any of the touch oriented screens. This stuff does not belong on the desktop systems. It takes up to much space and is rather ugly. A desktop is NOT a tablet. I wish M$ would realize that and stop trying to combine them.
    I can use settings with my mouse and keyboard. And the are not done with the GUI for it. You are rushing to a judgment on something not finished yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 10,166
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       04 Jun 2015 #12

    Banzi said: View Post
    I personally can't stand the settings app, it just looks crap & everything is too big & chunky in it. Control panel was much much better.
    Same as above
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    04 Jun 2015 #13

    Dude said: View Post
    Same as above
    I think you will find the GUI for the settings app is pretty much final. No new features will be added to any new builds & will just be bugfixes if they really want to hit the 29th July release date. Personally I find there are too many concessions to touch just like there was in Windows 8x
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 10,166
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       04 Jun 2015 #14

    Banzi said: View Post
    I think you will find the GUI for the settings app is pretty much final. No new features will be added to any new builds & will just be bugfixes if they really want to hit the 29th July release date. Personally I find there are too many concessions to touch just like there was in Windows 8x
    I see your point there mate. Maybe you should stay on W7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    04 Jun 2015 #15

    No problems mate. I use windows 8.1 pro x64 for over a year despite the fact I really hate the flat looking design & miss the aero look. I don't use any of the metro apps so most were removed. I will use windows 10 even though I hate the looks of it to keep my knowledge updated as I'm the one family members call in when they bork their PC's

    Being honest the main reason for me changing to it is for DX12.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Jun 2015 #16

    Banzi said: View Post
    I personally can't stand the settings app, it just looks crap & everything is too big & chunky in it. Control panel was much much better.
    Not sure if we on same wavelength, but sizes can be adjusted
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    05 Jun 2015 #17

    I don't care if it is Settings now or CP before - I find what I need to set and that's enough for me. Of course, some people will stay on Win 7 just for the CP and Aero, and that's up to them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    05 Jun 2015 #18

    tengeezer said: View Post
    Isn't Control Panel supposed to do everything we need?

    I understand the need to have a tablet oriented hub, but why also include that in deskop mode.

    Don't get it.
    Because the control panel may be going away. It may not be in the final release.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4,563
    Win 10 Pro x64
       05 Jun 2015 #19

    Personally it doesn't matter to me. I guess that's the advantage of getting into the preview of this OS. You'll slowly learn how to go about configuring or tweaking your system outside the control panel. But I still use the control panel sometimes. It will be a complete surprise to first-time users of this OS. I just hope that God Mode will still work when 10 is in its final stage.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 16,496
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       05 Jun 2015 #20

    badrobot said: View Post
    Personally it doesn't matter to me. I guess that's the advantage of getting into the preview of this OS. You'll slowly learn how to go about configuring or tweaking your system outside the control panel. But I still use the control panel sometimes. It will be a complete surprise to first-time users of this OS. I just hope that God Mode will still work when 10 is in its final stage.
    And the nice thing with 10 is settings you use/change a lot, you can pin. for day to day use I only need update because I'm still on mobile broadband, but other than that, I have what I need in the system tray.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Is there any way to delete these system folders. I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created. Thanks
Hi In Windows 10, how I do not display the "Life at a glance" and "Play and explore" columns of the Start menu? Thanks Bye
Changed the group policy in Windows Update from Automatic downloads to notify back to automatic and I get a message with red text on the advanced settings screen of windows update that "Some settings are managed by your organization' how can i...
I've installed Build 10041 and upgrade to 10049 three times now, each time I was able to do a search for Windows Update or Sound which would show me the correct results but this time, I'm not getting the right results. In the past I would do a Reset...
Hi everyone. I'm new user of W10 10041 x64 and i need your help for little custom. Can you help me to delete " OneDrive " in " This PC " ? 14924 Thanks !

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49.
Find Us