1.    03 Jun 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 7

    How does the Acer Aspire 6920 cope with a Windows 10 upgrade?


    I am currently running Windows 7 and would like to upgrade to Windows 10. Will my Acer Aspire be able to cope with it? I have a one terabit internal hard drive and an external terabit hard drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Jun 2015 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 111
    windows 8.1

    It should run like a champ, to have the decent speed use SSD drive, I have the Sony Vaio very similar spec runs good with SSD, try to update your Ram to the maximum allowed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Jun 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter

    Where's my SSD drive?


    Quote Originally Posted by ramram55 View Post
    It should run like a champ, to have the decent speed use SSD drive, I have the Sony Vaio very similar spec runs good with SSD, try to update your Ram to the maximum allowed.
    Dear Ramram55, Thank you for getting back to me so soon. I'm delighted to hear that I can upgrade with what I've got. The thing is where is my SSD drive and what does SSD stand for? Regarding updating my random access memory, doesn't an internal hard drive of 1 terabit resolve this? The technie who serviced my Aspire 6920 last summer said it would increase the memory. Apologies if my questions and comments seem bleeding obvious but that's why I'm a shy technie.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 Jun 2015 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 111
    windows 8.1

    Here is an explanation of SSD, it is usually an internal drive, it should give more life to your pc, depends on your
    usage, maybe your current traditional drive is large. Check your memory by control panel > system and security > view amount of Ram and processor speed. See if you can maximize the ram from ram maker such as crucial.
    SSD vs. HDD: What's the Difference? | PCMag.com
    It depends how much upgrade you need and budget to put speed in your machine. My guess is your ram is 4GB should be enough to run windows 10. I really emphasize on the SSD drive. My opinion is if I can hang on with my pc for another 2-3 years I would be happy. That is just me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 Jun 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter

    Thank you: that's tonnes of information!


    Quote Originally Posted by ramram55 View Post
    Here is an explanation of SSD, it is usually an internal drive, it should give more life to your pc, depends on your
    usage, maybe your current traditional drive is large. Check your memory by control panel > system and security > view amount of Ram and processor speed. See if you can maximize the ram from ram maker such as crucial.
    SSD vs. HDD: What's the Difference? | PCMag.com
    It depends how much upgrade you need and budget to put speed in your machine. My guess is your ram is 4GB should be enough to run windows 10. I really emphasize on the SSD drive. My opinion is if I can hang on with my pc for another 2-3 years I would be happy. That is just me.
    Dear Ramram55,
    Thank you for all the guidance above. I'm going to go off and check my Control Panel as well as read the cited article. If I have any more questions, I'll revert back to you.
    Yours gratefully,
    ShyTechnie
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    03 Jun 2015 #6
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 111
    windows 8.1

    you are welcome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    03 Jun 2015 #7
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,548
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by ShyTechnie View Post
    Dear Ramram55, Thank you for getting back to me so soon. I'm delighted to hear that I can upgrade with what I've got. The thing is where is my SSD drive and what does SSD stand for? Regarding updating my random access memory, doesn't an internal hard drive of 1 terabit resolve this? The technie who serviced my Aspire 6920 last summer said it would increase the memory. Apologies if my questions and comments seem bleeding obvious but that's why I'm a shy technie.
    adding the 1TB harddrive would increase storage memory not you random access memory ,and the SSd drive suggested would have to be purchased by you ,and they are still a bit expensive for the large capacity ones
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
List Compelling Reasons to upgrade to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Novice
I feel that we as experts on this forum should try and persuade any novices who are not sure about upgrading to Windows 10 should help explain why its good for them to upgrade from earlier versions. So I'll start off: Latest security ...
General Support
Windows 10 upgrade
Hello , i'd like to ask how WE who are actually running windows 10 insider preview we will get our free copy. I mean i installed my windows 10 copy on top of my genuine windows 7 home edition , will be needed to take further actions to have it for...
General Support
W10 Insider Prev upgrade to Win10 full vs of W7/8 upgrade to W10
Read somewhere that the latest Win 10 Insider Prev will be upgrades to Win 10 full when it is released. A good idea to install this sooner rather than upgrading Win 7 / 8.1 to 10?
Windows Insider
Windows 10 Upgrade
Hi, I currently use Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) and upgraded to Windows 10, and my question is will it be possible to do a fresh install of Windows 10 using my Windows 7 key without installing with the Windows 7 CD? I hope so as it takes ages...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Should I buy better Acer Aspire T180 CPU?
Hello, I have PC that sometimes lags on games, I think to upgrade that computer and buy new CPU, should I buy new CPU? Information about my computer: Computer Model: Acer Aspire T180 CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+, 1607 Mhz, 1 core, 940...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums