Windows 10: Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login
Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login
A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue:
1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services other than Microsoft services).
2. Defrag/optimize hard drive (not SSD).
3. Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
4. Check the Event Viewer.
Here I found multiple warnings and errors:
1. Event 6005, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).
2. Event 7022, The Connected Devices Platform Service service hung on starting. (and a few like it, only with different services)
3. Event 6006, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 936 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon).
4. Event 6004, The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> failed a critical notification event.
5. Event 6001, The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> failed a notification event.
After some googling, I continued with the following steps:
5. Disable "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" and "Run logon scripts synchronously" in the Group Policy Editor.
6. Do an in-place upgrade/repair.
There are probably some other steps I've missed, but I think that covers most of it. I'm fed up with this problem, but I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows. If anyone has any solutions or ideas, I'm open to anything at this point.
Thanks in advance!
Was "a couple weeks ago" just after installation of the AU? If so, I'd suggest a clean reinstall.
No it was awhile after that. I got the AU first day. The only major thing I remember doing since installing the AU is following Tech City's video on optimizing W10 AU for gaming and power users. I made some of the changes he suggested, but not all of them.
I have a Lenovo z510 Laptop with 6GB of DDR3 RAM and 1TB of HDD and 8 Logical cores of a Core i7 4702MQ CPU processing at 3GHz ...
I don't say that it is a high end system(and it is not!) but neither I think that it is a Low End or even Low Mid...
Here is the simple solution to fixing the Windows 10 taking long time to delete files and folders problem.
When you delete a big file (or folder) or lots of files in File Explorer, you notice in the popup window
So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here.
So, the screen with the Windows logo...
since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to...
Since the last windows 10 builds, my loggin screen would freeze where it shows the time, i can move my mouse around but cant click anything or use the keyboard, or when i log in it would go to a blackscreen but still see the mouse. It would be...