Windows 10: Extracting a file off CD


  1. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       23 Sep 2016 #1

    Extracting a file off CD


    Is there a way to extract a file off win 10 cd?

    I upgraded to this new version of anniversary build 1607 & then made a DVD off the MCT & need to extract a file called nvstor64.sys as mine older one. It seems this file part of windows boot. I downloaded new drivers from nvidia but it's not working as I getting blue screen errors from time to time. I check on another system that not use nvidia & that file is there on that machine just recent date of file but 32 bit windows as this one using 64 bit. I used sfc/scannow & found no errors so I assuming this file should be on cd & want to extract ti & see if this works. Or where can I download a recent file of this?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 3,244
    EL Capitan
       23 Sep 2016 #2

    That driver is a known culprit of BSOD's. It has been an issue since going back to Vista. If your NVIDIA GPU or video card is older, you are best to upgrade to a newer video card.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       23 Sep 2016 #3

    The version of this file from 2009 as it didn't update as I found out causing the DPC Watchdog blue screen.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 3,244
    EL Capitan
       23 Sep 2016 #4

    DrSysop said: View Post
    The version of this file from 2009 as it didn't update as I found out causing the DPC Watchdog blue screen.
    That will be the date on all latest versions of that driver.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       23 Sep 2016 #5

    I am using a newer nvidia video card & have windows 10 drivers the on board one is disabled as for the nforce ethernet one also & using a newer nic card.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 3,244
    EL Capitan
       23 Sep 2016 #6

    Then go to NVIDIA's website and see if they have updated drivers and GPU card setting Software.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       23 Sep 2016 #7

    I have the latest video card drivers installed & about every 1 to 2 days the blue screen appears but I go there thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 3,244
    EL Capitan
       23 Sep 2016 #8

    DrSysop said: View Post
    I have the latest video card drivers installed & about every 1 to 2 days the blue screen appears but I go there thanks
    That is because that particular driver has been known to be an issue for over 2 years. Not much that you can do, other than let NVIDIA know from the error log what is going on. To properly diagnose the dump log from the BSOD, use WhoCrashed from http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

    The 8400 GS APU/GPU is a pretty old chipset. It is considered a budget chipset in the NVIDIA 8 series lineup. It was released back in 2009. My dad ended up replacing the card on the tower that he had, before I got it from him. I would have to go pull the card to see which one that it is. I do believe that it is a PNY. Had no issues when using it.

    If you are gaming or doing photography editing, it is worth going for the upgrade. You can get a decent one under the Rosewill line on newegg.com. Just make sure that it is not one of the problem child like the 8 series.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 131
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       24 Sep 2016 #9

    bro67 said: View Post
    That is because that particular driver has been known to be an issue for over 2 years. Not much that you can do, other than let NVIDIA know from the error log what is going on. To properly diagnose the dump log from the BSOD, use WhoCrashed from http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

    The 8400 GS APU/GPU is a pretty old chipset. It is considered a budget chipset in the NVIDIA 8 series lineup. It was released back in 2009. My dad ended up replacing the card on the tower that he had, before I got it from him. I would have to go pull the card to see which one that it is. I do believe that it is a PNY. Had no issues when using it.

    If you are gaming or doing photography editing, it is worth going for the upgrade. You can get a decent one under the Rosewill line on newegg.com. Just make sure that it is not one of the problem child like the 8 series.
    Its A EVGA one I have 1GB i not use it for games just browsing & viewing videos mostly. But thanks for the info
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 3,244
    EL Capitan
       24 Sep 2016 #10

    I will check the info on the one downstairs in the tower and post that info later today. NVIDIA abandoned Linux and Microsoft some time ago, even though the HTPC group likes that chipset over the AMD Radon.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible? Thank you for your help 90060
Anytime I drag a file(s) in a folder window, a translucent, oversized icon follows the mouse pointer, partially obscuring up to 4 nearby items. Can this effect be disabled? I'm sure somebody at MS thought it was slick idea, but it just gives me a...
Solved Extracting Zip Files in General Support
Hi People, Newbie here. As the title suggests I am having a problem unzipping downloaded files on my HP Envy laptop. which has windows 10 version 1511 (build 10586.36) it appears to start the process but just hangs at 99% and will remain there for...
At the first after I upgraded my notebook from windows 8 to windows 10, I just realize that 1 of my 3 user account is not exist anymore (the Guest account is not there just after I upgrade it into windows 10). As I tried to make the new Guest...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums