Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 50
    Win 10
       20 Sep 2016 #41

    Thanks man for the good thoughts. I have decided to rollback to the previous build. Enough is enough! I cant take this anymore. Even during the boot process it gets stuck. I have to switch off from the mains today that caused my office to crash and i had to reinstall it :---(

    Am going home.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,198
    Windows 10 IoT
       20 Sep 2016 #42

    Hard forced shutdowns are not good for Windows, especially repeated ones. It usually leads to file corruption and even more lockups etc. Sometimes you have no choice, but if its happening a lot, IMHO, it's only going to get worse. Sooner or latter you'll have to address the issues causing it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 50
    Win 10
       20 Sep 2016 #43

    Helloooo everybody. Good News. Rolled back to 1511 and guess what, the system is again lightenening fast. No wireless adapter errors, no logitech wireless usb receiver lockups, no stuck black screens during the boot etc. etc. Resuming from hibernation takes hardly 20 seconds against 1.5-2 mins. on 1607!

    Bye bye Annihilatory Update!!

    There are many more things in this world to do than to sit and resolve stupid errors on the latest and greatest version of Windows.

    Guys...everyone, thanks a lot for taking out time to address the issues raised in this thread.

    Regards
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2015
    Philadelphia
    Posts : 1,074
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       20 Sep 2016 #44

    I have various USB wireless receivers connected to every computer I own, plus the 20 or so we've upgraded in the corporate setting and haven't run in to a single error with them.

    This happens FAR too often, but your issues are problems with YOUR system, and not the Anniversary Update. Common sense, but if it was the Update, we would all be experiencing the issue.

    You could always spend more money for a closed system like OSX and still experience these issues. Again, it's common sense, but given the myriad of hardware and software combinations possible on the Windows side, it's damn near miraculous that it works as well as it does.

    It certainly is possible that a person has issues on a system that aren't easy to overcome, but at the same time, it's rather ignorant to take the easy cop-out and just blame Microsoft. 99% of the time, the issues aren't their doing, but a lack of support or compatibility with something third-party.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 120
    Win 10 Pro x64
       20 Sep 2016 #45

    I have literally no issues. Windows is running better than ever and I'm enjoying the new features the anniversary update offers. Hope you get your problems fixed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 120
    Win 10 Pro x64
       20 Sep 2016 #46

    DeaconFrost said: View Post
    I have various USB wireless receivers connected to every computer I own, plus the 20 or so we've upgraded in the corporate setting and haven't run in to a single error with them.

    This happens FAR too often, but your issues are problems with YOUR system, and not the Anniversary Update. Common sense, but if it was the Update, we would all be experiencing the issue.

    You could always spend more money for a closed system like OSX and still experience these issues. Again, it's common sense, but given the myriad of hardware and software combinations possible on the Windows side, it's damn near miraculous that it works as well as it does.

    It certainly is possible that a person has issues on a system that aren't easy to overcome, but at the same time, it's rather ignorant to take the easy cop-out and just blame Microsoft. 99% of the time, the issues aren't their doing, but a lack of support or compatibility with something third-party.
    I agree, Microsoft is far too often the cop out for improperly managed machines. If I had a nickel for every time someone blamed MS for an easily preventible issue that they caused, I'd be a rich man.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 50
    Win 10
       20 Sep 2016 #47

    Its not that simple. i stated my issues with the AU in detail in this thread. So many prompt users participated in this discussion and i followed almost all their advices but nothing worked. Believe me its not that simple.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 146
    Win 7 8 and 10
       20 Sep 2016 #48

    shobhitk said: View Post
    Rolled back to 1511 and guess what, the system is again lightenening fast. No wireless adapter errors, no logitech wireless usb receiver lockups, no stuck black screens during the boot etc. etc. Resuming from hibernation takes hardly 20 seconds against 1.5-2 mins. on 1607!

    Bye bye Annihilatory Update!!
    It will automatically come back. With 10Pro you can delay(4 months) it but not stop it without turning off all updates.
    Last edited by Brink; 20 Sep 2016 at 12:33. Reason: fixed quote box
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts : 310
    Win10 x64 Pro -2 desktops, 1 laptop
       20 Sep 2016 #49

    shobhitk said: View Post
    Its not that simple. i stated my issues with the AU in detail in this thread. So many prompt users participated in this discussion and i followed almost all their advices but nothing worked. Believe me its not that simple.
    There was one piece of advice that should have been given right away but, I think, didn't show up until today: Clean install. (I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't think of it ... for you or for me!)

    The upgrade-in-place is not perfect; it leaves garbage around. Some people experience no problems; other people end up with nearly dead systems. It's not Microsoft's fault - the upgrade-in-place process cannot possibly know which bits of non-Microsoft code is dependent on the underlying OS code and which is not.

    The bottom line: when you have odd or unexpected errors, you made need to do a clean install.

    A clean install can be a royal pain if you have lots of non-Windows products installed. (It usually takes me an hour or 2 to do the actual install and customization, the rest of the day to install and test the the important programs I need, and a week to run into all the less important things I forgot to reinstall.) But things (usually) work much better after a clean install. Consider it when you finallyhave need to upgrade.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : May 2016
    Massachusetts
    Posts : 102
    Windows 10 Pro 32-bit
       20 Sep 2016 #50

    Glad to hear you are back to running excellently. Keep your system up-to-date and well maintained.
    The AU update will want to be re-installed, it's just a matter of time.
    Keep backing up your data and I recommend system image backups.
    If your Win10 you are presently running perfectly the AU update should update and run excellently the next time also.

    EDIT: You might need to decide what to uninstall before the AU update is ready to be installed again. For example, your Office program; for whatever reason it was a problem. Not know what Office program you have, we can't try to figure it out even if it's possible.
    Last edited by MeAndMyComputer; 20 Sep 2016 at 12:48.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Not enough space for anniversary update (1607)
Hello, I am the owner of a small laptop, an Acer Switch 10, which only have 32GB of SSD memory inside. I also have a microSD *always* in of 128GB, and a normal 500GB HDD on the keyboard, if plugged, of course. The internal memory has 6GB free...
Installation and Setup
Difference between Feature Update 1607 and Anniversary Edition
What's the difference between Windows 10 Feature Update 1607 and the Anniversary edition? My computer just finished updating (took best part of an hour) and I was told that Feature Update 1607 had been installed. I was then asked if I wanted to...
Windows Updates and Activation
Trouble trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607
I have tried multiple times times to install the Windows 10 Pro, Anniversary Update to my desktop computer, a Dell Inspiron 560. Every time, the result has been a computer that will not start-up, ie. Windows does not appear to load/run. I have tried...
Installation and Setup
Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ?
I did a clean install of 1607 on a separate partition and encountered wifi and graphic issues. Unsuccessful searched for appropriate drivers which may be found with further searching. However, my 3 year old Toshiba is running great on build...
Windows Updates and Activation
Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update
Hello :) I just installed Windows 10 AU and now my loved Font is messed up. But only some letters. Anyone knows why and how to get all letters back? That Problem is system-wide. How to fix? Screenshot: Before: 94131 After Win10 Update: ...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums