Windows 10: Windows doesn't load

  1.    12 Sep 2016 #1

    Windows doesn't load


    I did a repair install last night and my Windows 10 Anniversary Update was working just fine. I turn my computer on today, I see the initial Windows logo and the loading circle, the logo disappears but the loading circle is still there several minutes later with a black screen behind it. Can someone tell me what's going on, and how I can fix this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,655
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       13 Sep 2016 #2

    I would leave it a while longer in case the installation hasn't completed. Your PC might have entered a repair loop. For a desktop PC, unplug at the mains press the power on button for 30 secs then restart. For a laptop, you would need to disconnect the battery for a minute.

    Post for more help if that doesn't work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    13 Sep 2016 #3

    Steve C said: View Post
    I would leave it a while longer in case the installation hasn't completed. Your PC might have entered a repair loop. For a desktop PC, unplug at the mains press the power on button for 30 secs then restart. For a laptop, you would need to disconnect the battery for a minute.

    Post for more help if that doesn't work.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by "unplug the mains" ? Like right now, my PC is off. Its a Desktop PC. Can you tell me step-by-step on what to do?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,655
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       13 Sep 2016 #4

    I mean turn it off or unplug the PC from the mains (or turn off the PSU switch at the rear of the PC) so there is no power going to the PC's PSU. The purpose of doing this is to completely discharge the motherboard of any residual power and ensure the PC is completely powered off rather than sleeping. If you just turn off your PC and don't switch it off at the mains, the motherboard is still in a standby condition powered by a 5V standby signal from the PSU.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    13 Sep 2016 #5

    Steve C said: View Post
    I mean turn it off or unplug the PC from the mains (or turn off the PSU switch at the rear of the PC) so there is no power going to the PC's PSU. The purpose of doing this is to completely discharge the motherboard of any residual power and ensure the PC is completely powered off rather than sleeping. If you just turn off your PC and don't switch it off at the mains, the motherboard is still in a standby condition powered by a 5V standby signal from the PSU.
    OK I've done that. It appears to have done nothing, same result.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,655
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       13 Sep 2016 #6

    Are you still seeing the rotating circle? I would leave it for say for an hour to see if it completes the installation. Else, I fear the repair install has failed or messed up your boot configuration.

    Did you do the repair install from USB stick? If so, you could boot from that and attempt an automatic repair. If you have access to another PC, install Macrium Reflect Free, create a USB repair disc, boot from that and then attempt to repair the PC using the Fix windows boot option - see http://www.macrium.com/help/v5/Rescu...t_Problems.htm

    If that fails, your options are to retry the repair install (from a Windows installation USB), recover from a backup if you have one or do a clean install which will mean reinstalling all your programs and data.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    13 Sep 2016 #7

    Steve C said: View Post
    Are you still seeing the rotating circle? I would leave it for say for an hour to see if it completes the installation. Else, I fear the repair install has failed or messed up your boot configuration.

    Did you do the repair install from USB stick? If so, you could boot from that and attempt an automatic repair. If you have access to another PC, install Macrium Reflect Free, create a USB repair disc, boot from that and then attempt to repair the PC using the Fix windows boot option - see http://www.macrium.com/help/v5/Rescu...t_Problems.htm

    If that fails, your options are to retry the repair install (from a Windows installation USB), recover from a backup if you have one or do a clean install which will mean reinstalling all your programs and data.
    I'll just retry the repair install. I'd downloaded the iso to my Desktop, extracted with 7 zip and ran it there. I'm downloading the iso to a USB as we speak via media creation tool
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    13 Sep 2016 #8

    And yes, still seeing the rotating circle.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    14 Sep 2016 #9

    I REALLY don't understand this, but then again, there's probably a lot about Windows 10 I don't understand vs versions of Windows 7 and earlier. Anyway, I took a shot in the dark, made an installation media, booted from it and got this message:

    It looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade, remove the media from your PC and click yes. If you want to perform a clean install instead, click No.
    I went ahead and removed the media, clicked YES, and my computer rebooted with the message, "Please wait". It then booted into Troubleshooting mode. I tried to do a System Restore, but this failed. Upon rebooting, my computer got the rotating circle, again. I turned it off, re-inserted my installation media and tried to repeat the process. This time, I was going to choose RESET MY PC. Some way, some how, my computer booted into Windows 10. How, I don't know. Ugh, I feel like an (fill in the name of a certain fruit here) user by saying "I dunno, it just worked". I'm frustrated, yet relieved. Hopefully it works when I boot it later on.

    Problem solved, for now. We will see later on if the problem reoccurs in the very near future. I'm so far very dissatisfied with Windows 10 AU. First, it would freeze on me, and with this latest problem, it sounds like an update didn't finish, which has never happened to me. I've been using Windows since, well, long before online updates (since 3.1, specifically).
    Last edited by JOSHSKORN; 14 Sep 2016 at 05:48.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    16 Sep 2016 #10

    OK I officially now HATE Windows 10. Everything was just all fine and dandy up until Microsoft started to push the Anniversary Update. Last night, my computer rebooted itself, I assume due to a Windows Update...I'm honestly not sure, as I wasn't in front of my computer when it rebooted. When booting back up, it got to 100% and just stayed there. After 45 minutes, I just turned it off, held the power button in. THEN, I got the rotating circle again. Tried it again a few times, no luck. Turned it off, went to bed, booted it back up and sonehow, it worked.

    In all the versions of Windows I've used, I've never experienced THIS many problems.

    EDIT: I seem to now be experiencing this rotating circle problem now after EVERY update. My computer just updated again and now the rotating circle won't stop, again...it'll probably continue until I get lucky, again.

    EDIT #2: It appears as if I keep repeating the process of plugging in USB installation media, booting from it, removing the USB at the prompt, clicking "Yes" which reboots my computer and "allegedly" forces it to finish, forcing my PC to turn off at the rotating circle (if it hangsl, just repeating this process a few times, it eventually boots to Windows 10. However, I did the same thing last night with no luck, but it did cold boot just fine this morning. I don't get it.
    Last edited by JOSHSKORN; 16 Sep 2016 at 22:07.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
As the title suggests, I am having a wierd problem with the Windows Explorer. It worked perfectly fine last night or so, and it seems that it doesn't want to load "This PC" at all. Sometimes it loads partly sometimes not at all. I have tried...
Hello everyone I have some problems with my windows, but I don't know are they because of windows bugs or my hardware problem. Sometimes, I guess when I make changes to my applications such as installing or uninstalling or upgrading an...
Hello everyone, I have a question. I have a Barebone PC (Gigabyte GB-BXI3H-5010) which was running Windows 8.1, and now it has been upgraded to Windows 10. I use this PC to run a home server with Plex media server and Plex Home Theater - so I've...
Hi everyone, I have some troubles since few days. My mini-menu (right clic on start button) doesn't works. I can't load any applications except search, run and Desktop. What's wrong ? Best regards, Olivier
Screen doesn't load fully in Installation and Upgrade
Hi ... Does anyone else have this issue, every time I open anything whether it be the This PC, Delete, Control Panel or even the browser I always need to expand the screen . It's off by a tiny bit on each side . I have try doing the Shift key and...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.
Find Us