Windows 10: Windows 10 does not permit to use Italian Keyboard

  1.    12 Sep 2016 #1

    Windows 10 does not permit to use Italian Keyboard


    I have a problem with the keyboard layout of Windows 10.
    It's impossible to select Italian keyboard for writing.

    In Settings, Italian is present, but without Italian (142), the Italian keyboard is not even selectable.
    If I remove Italian (142) leaving Italian, only default US keyboard works.

    Thank you for your help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build
       12 Sep 2016 #2

    Shimoda said: View Post
    I have a problem with the keyboard layout of Windows 10.
    It's impossible to select Italian keyboard for writing.

    In Settings, Italian is present, but without Italian (142), the Italian keyboard is not even selectable.
    If I remove Italian (142) leaving Italian, only default US keyboard works.

    Thank you for your help.
    Did you use a keyboard for another Language when you installed W10?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Sep 2016 #3

    Gas said: View Post
    Did you use a keyboard for another Language when you installed W10?
    Unfortunately I can't have this information.
    That's not my laptop and the user is not the admin...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build
       12 Sep 2016 #4

    Shimoda said: View Post
    Unfortunately I can't have this information.
    That's not my laptop and the user is not the admin...
    It's a laptop???!!!!
    you cannot change the language layout of a laptop keyboard, you can add a language if you want, and you better leave the language of the keyboard as it is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Sep 2016 #5

    Gas said: View Post
    It's a laptop???!!!!
    you cannot change the language layout of a laptop keyboard, you can add a language if you want, and you better leave the language of the keyboard as it is.
    But the original layout is Italian...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Sep 2016 #6

    Gas said: View Post
    It's a laptop???!!!!
    you cannot change the language layout of a laptop keyboard, you can add a language if you want, and you better leave the language of the keyboard as it is.
    You definitely can. I fact you often have to. I installed US English Windows but my keyboard in UK Apple so I have to change it or all my kays are in the wrong place .

    @OP are you trying to add it here? What do you see when you try? I could also add Italian no problem - no need to download any Italian language packs or anything.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	101089
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build
       12 Sep 2016 #7

    Shimoda said: View Post
    But the original layout is Italian...
    here you can change the imput Language:
    Pannello di controllo\Orologio e opzioni internazionali\Lingua\Opzioni di lingua\metodo di imput\aggiungi un metodo di imput
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    12 Sep 2016 #8

    Thank you,
    I didn't think to try the old control panel.
    Tomorrow I will try, thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    12 Sep 2016 #9

    It isn't always clear whether you use old control panel or settings...

    I suggest that once you have added Italian you remove the other keyboard (if you don't use it) as if you have 2 keyboards defined there seems to be a bug where it swaps between them at random.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hey guys! :D I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable. I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff. :huh: I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI...
I've configured Edge to my correct home page. Because I live in Thailand Edge directs me to the Google Thailand page. I corrected that easily by using www.google.com/ncr as my home page. However, Edge always reverts to the Thai regional search,...
Hi When is available Windows 10 Enterprise build 10537 in Italian by the Fast ring of Windows Update? Thanks Bye
I upgraded from Windows 8.1 (and I never had this problem), to Windows 10 and I noticing that my keyboard would stop responding in windows explorer, calculator, search, etc. The keyboard had no issues working in a browser like Chrome, but it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:35.
Find Us