Windows 10: Window Keeps Popping Up Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    28 Aug 2016 #1

    Window Keeps Popping Up


    Every once in a while, at random intervals, the detail page of my Backup (D:) drive pops up, filling the monitor and overriding whatever is on the monitor at the time. The display can be instantly removed by hitting the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the monitor.
    Last edited by ColMac42; 28 Aug 2016 at 18:29. Reason: Remove smiley
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    29 Aug 2016 #2

    Maybe it's going to sleep mode and shuts down, after it wakes up it would show as just connected device.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    29 Aug 2016 #3

    Window Keeps Popping Up


    Thanks for your response. I do appreciate you trying to help.

    But the window pops up and overlays a full screen game while the game is being actively played, which suggests the computer is not going into sleep mode.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,190
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       29 Aug 2016 #4

    ColMac42 said: View Post
    Every once in a while, at random intervals, the detail page of my Backup (D drive pops up, filling the monitor and overriding whatever is on the monitor at the time. The display can be instantly removed by hitting the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the monitor.
    Does your backup include the complete system, including the MBR?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    29 Aug 2016 #5

    ColMac42 said: View Post
    Thanks for your response. I do appreciate you trying to help.

    But the window pops up and overlays a full screen game while the game is being actively played, which suggests the computer is not going into sleep mode.
    Maybe not the computer but drive itself can. Check advanced options in your power plan, there's a setting for disk(s).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power opt.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	98844
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    29 Aug 2016 #6

    Window Keeps Popping Up


    dencal said: View Post
    Does your backup include the complete system, including the MBR?
    As far as I know it does. I did a full backup onto a formatted (blank) disk on 8/23 using the Windows 7 backup app. I have tried to search for MBR in the save folder, but with no result.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2,190
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       29 Aug 2016 #7

    ColMac42 said: View Post
    As far as I know it does. I did a full backup onto a formatted (blank) disk on 8/23 using the Windows 7 backup app. I have tried to search for MBR in the save folder, but with no result.
    When I stated had you done a complete system backup.....I meant on your "D" Drive....if so that would be the cause of your problem.....if not it could be something else.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    29 Aug 2016 #8

    CountMike said: View Post
    Maybe not the computer but drive itself can. Check advanced options in your power plan, there's a setting for disk(s).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power opt.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	98844
    Good thought but the Power Options in my Lenovo 10120 do not offer that range of selections. Limited to Sleep and Shut Down.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Aug 2016 #9

    dencal said: View Post
    When I stated had you done a complete system backup.....I meant on your "D" Drive....if so that would be the cause of your problem.....if not it could be something else.
    The complete system backup was installed on my D: drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    29 Aug 2016 #10

    CountMike said: View Post
    Maybe not the computer but drive itself can. Check advanced options in your power plan, there's a setting for disk(s).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power opt.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	98844
    Oops. Sorry. Found it. It's set to sleep after 20 minutes, which, again, seems to me to not be a problem since the display pops up while a game (or other apps such as Word) is actively being played.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hello can someone explain to me why the Command window keeps popping up all the time and I did look up as to whats going on and can't seem to find the problem, restart, turned it off and just let it sit there doing nothing and yet still pops up, the...
unwilling keyboard popping up in General Support
Why there is another keyboard popping up that changes my input method? Here are my settings: 86144 86145 Nonetheless there is another keyboard that appears (Spanish Keyboard -the one at the bottom per my image) and unwillingly changes my...
I'm trying to do banking. Explorer keeps popping to the bottom of the page. It won't let me stay at the top of the page for more than a second! This has been since the windows 10 update.:mad:
Audio Popping USB headset in Drivers and Hardware
Ever since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I've been experiencing brief audio popping/cracking noise. Sometimes I could go an hour and not hear anything, other times I hear a pop every 30 seconds. There has to be sound playing for the...
After upgrading to 10 there is a program window that opens for about one second then closes every 45 seconds on top of whatever I am doing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:08.
Find Us