Windows 10: No arrows in Photo preview ONLY in Google Drive folders Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    18 Aug 2016 #1

    No arrows in Photo preview ONLY in Google Drive folders


    Photo previews of photos within a folder that is being sync'd to my Google Drive are NOT showing previous / next arrows. The same photos within a folder not being sync'd to my Drive show arrows.

    Anyone know what the deal is here?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drive Issue A.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	96860

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drive Issue B.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	96861
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,708
    Mac OS Sierra
       18 Aug 2016 #2

    It depends on what program you are using for previewing those files with.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Aug 2016 #3

    bro67 said: View Post
    It depends on what program you are using for previewing those files with.
    Using the default: Windows Photos
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,708
    Mac OS Sierra
       18 Aug 2016 #4

    Mucci said: View Post
    Using the default: Windows Photos
    I would try something else. Especially with your resolution set so high.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       19 Aug 2016 #5

    Try adding your Google drive to Windows Index

    If that doesn't work, add your Google drive to a Library. You can create a new Library or add the folder to an existing Library
    Adding a location to a Library automatically adds that location to the index.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    19 Aug 2016 #6

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Try adding your Google drive to Windows Index

    If that doesn't work, add your Google drive to a Library. You can create a new Library or add the folder to an existing Library
    Adding a location to a Library automatically adds that location to the index.
    Tried both indexing the Drive folder and included my Drive folder within the Pictures library but still isn't working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,708
    Mac OS Sierra
       19 Aug 2016 #7

    Mucci said: View Post
    Tried both indexing the Drive folder and included my Drive folder within the Pictures library but still isn't working.
    You do not need to add Google Drive to your Index. It actually slows down finding and loading photos. The arrows are because of your high resolution, not indexing.

    There are keyboard shortcuts to go through photos. Left and Right arrows have always been the change to next or previous picture. 7 Keyboard Shortcuts for Photo Viewer If you can assign a mouse setting to scroll left or right, that can help. I use the Logitech M570 Trackball and it comes with two extra buttons that can be reassigned for picture scrolling.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    19 Aug 2016 #8

    bro67 said: View Post
    You do not need to add Google Drive to your Index. It actually slows down finding and loading photos. The arrows are because of your high resolution, not indexing.

    There are keyboard shortcuts to go through photos. Left and Right arrows have always been the change to next or previous picture. 7 Keyboard Shortcuts for Photo Viewer If you can assign a mouse setting to scroll left or right, that can help. I use the Logitech M570 Trackball and it comes with two extra buttons that can be reassigned for picture scrolling.
    It's not a resolution issue. Keyboard shortcuts don't work either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       19 Aug 2016 #9

    bro67 said: View Post
    You do not need to add Google Drive to your Index. It actually slows down finding and loading photos. The arrows are because of your high resolution, not indexing.

    There are keyboard shortcuts to go through photos. Left and Right arrows have always been the change to next or previous picture. 7 Keyboard Shortcuts for Photo Viewer If you can assign a mouse setting to scroll left or right, that can help. I use the Logitech M570 Trackball and it comes with two extra buttons that can be reassigned for picture scrolling.
    The arrows show on the non-Google drive folder - how could high resolution affect only the Google drive folder?

    Indexing can slow down searching IF the index is huge (indexing all files on C: or everything on the computer).


    Mucci,

    Please check your Google Drive folder security settings

    Advanced
    System should have full rights
    Permissions should be inherited

    Also, is there an Album for Google drive in the App?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    19 Aug 2016 #10

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Mucci,

    Please check your Google Drive folder security settings

    Advanced
    System should have full rights
    Permissions should be inherited

    Also, is there an Album for Google drive in the App?
    I clicked on "Enable inheritance" and the advanced security tab went from this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	97016

    to this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 2.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	97017

    ...however I still don't have arrows in Photos preview. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the Album for Google Drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hey all, I switched to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution to a problem with the Windows Photo Viewer. If I open a folder full of my photos, I am unable to advance to the next or previous pictures using the...
I backup photos from my phone to Google Photos which then automatically syncs them to my hard drive to a folder in Google Drive. The folder containing these images in Google Drive has been included in the Pictures library, but the Photos app doesn't...
5471454715 Hi malim, Ix07 and Ztruker I would deeply appreciate if you could kindly help me with almost similar issues (see attached-pic). Follow yours with no luck. Please direct me a bit details how to get rid of those double blue arrow...
Photo folders are mixed up in General Support
I have just copied some photos from my old laptop onto my new one which has windows 10. The photos were sorted into folders called 'boat', 'pets', 'family', 'trees', 'for printing' etc each containing photos taken on more than one occasion. Now on...
Hi there, sorry if this is the wrong forum thread. On my secondary hard drive I get these arrows on EVERY single file and folder, there's only one folder on the root of the hard drive that doesn't have it, but a few files in it have it, but those...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:15.
Find Us