Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1.    07 May 2015 #81
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Qushery View Post
    but why should open source have a problem with the store as a download center for them ?
    and no no , I don't want to impose anything on you , from the start I said they should have an option in the settings to enable installing from any source for power users like you (like Android today)

    the fact that it's optional will mean 2 things :-
    1- windows by default will be very safe for normal uses (they will never get hit again with adware , malware or ransomware, just like the ipad)
    2- this will encourage developers to get their win32 and .net apps on the store ASAP
    First off you don't understand Open Source one bit.. having it in the store would mean that they would have to have multiple sources for Linux and OSx. And why should they have to port it to the store when the way it's distributed now just works.

    And finally, I don't want to use the store to get my software. Period.. you seem hung up on this my way only approach and I strongly disagree with this and I don't think others should have to tweak the settings to install things that they have for years.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 May 2015 #82
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,647
    W10 Insider + Linux

    I think that there's a lot of misunderstanding about difference between "Open source" and freeware.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    07 May 2015 #83
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 55
    Qushery
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    First off you don't understand Open Source one bit.. having it in the store would mean that they would have to have multiple sources for Linux and OSx. And why should they have to port it to the store when the way it's distributed now just works.

    And finally, I don't want to use the store to get my software. Period.. you seem hung up on this my way only approach and I strongly disagree with this and I don't think others should have to tweak the settings to install things that they have for years.
    I get open source , it's okey for them to make money (you were mistaken on this one) and it's okey for them to compile a version for the store from time to time , if they don't want it's okey they can do it the current way.

    and go read the first page , no one said you'll be forced to use the store , there should an option to enable apps from any source just like android and mac os .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 May 2015 #84
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 55
    Qushery
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I don't think others should have to tweak the settings to install things that they have for years.
    so checking a box in the settings is unacceptable.
    normal users getting adware , malware and ransomware all the time is okey , this is not logical.

    it should be that normal users by default can't get adware , malware and ransomware , and advanced users can check a box in the settings or toggle something if they trust that they can keep their PC safe from adware , malware and ransomware
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 May 2015 #85
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,550
    Windows 10 Pro

    [QUOTE=Qushery;235278]again the point just over your head
    also it's very childish replay

    The point is not going over my head! You want windows to be like the Apple OS. Instead of forcing your ideas on me you can switch to Apple or any other OS you want.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 May 2015 #86
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 55
    Qushery
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I think that there's a lot of misunderstanding about difference between "Open source" and freeware.
    people can sell open source software , also can sell free software (free as in freedom) , freeware is the free of charge software.

    am I correct there ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 May 2015 #87
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 55
    Qushery
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qushery View Post
    again the point just over your head
    also it's very childish replay

    The point is not going over my head! You want windows to be like the Apple OS. Instead of forcing your ideas on me you can switch to Apple or any other OS you want.
    not really , that's why it went over your head , try to catch it next time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 May 2015 #88
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Qushery View Post
    people can sell open source software , also can sell free software (free as in freedom) , freeware is the free of charge software.

    am I correct there ?
    No.. your not. Open Source is not for sale by anybody.
    The Open Source Definition | Open Source Initiative
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 May 2015 #89
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Qushery View Post
    not really , that's why it went over your head , try to catch it next time.
    Ok.. discussing an issue or disagreeing is one thing but you're borderline insulting a member here and that is against the rules.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    07 May 2015 #90
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,550
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Qushery View Post
    not really , that's why it went over your head , try to catch it next time.
    OK, It went over my head. Now would you please tell me what went over my head and why I'm wrong.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows Store will not install apps
I've tried installing multiple apps and The Weather Channel app will go through the motions of installing, but won't actually install (I get the install button again after it says it installed). For the rest of the apps that I tried installing,...
Software and Apps
Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?
I know that in Win 8.1 you can use your local account, go to the MS Store and install applications by simply selecting the app and installing it. At most, the system will want you to validate using your MSA, but not insist on switching your account...
Installation and Upgrade
Office preview free install from Store
I installed Excel and Word on Monday. Each is app is available as a separate download not like the desktop version where you can install the whole Office package at once. Word was working fine Monday but last night wasn't working and it referred me...
Software and Apps
Mobile Updates to Windows Store and Windows Phone Store policies
Source...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums