1.    02 Aug 2016 #1

    Problem pinning apps to the start menu


    I posted this on the MS support forum
    . Can't pin programs to the Start Menu in Windows 10, unless they are present in the "All apps" menu. Neither by drag & drop, nor by right-clicking and selecting "Pin To Start".
    Received this reply..

    wonderded if it was a known solution or not.....
    Try this.


    Go to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer


    change LockedStartLayout from 1 to 0...


    then restart your machine...


    It Works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 Aug 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 756
    Windows 10 Home

    Nice work!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    02 Aug 2016 #3

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPharaoh View Post
    Nice work!
    Had hoped there was a sticky or something with advanced tips/tricks where it could be listed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Aug 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 756
    Windows 10 Home

    Not sure if this will help.

    To add an item to the Start list, simply drag it into the Start list area. You can do this from within the Start menu of course, but you can also drag an item from the desktop or a File Explorer window: Just drag it onto the Start button first, and after the Start menu has opened you can drag it from there into the Start list.

    What can you add to the Start list? Virtually anything. Documents and other files. Any folder. Desktop application, Modern app, or web app shortcuts.

    You can also reorder the items in the Start list using drag-and-drop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    02 Aug 2016 #5

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPharaoh View Post
    Not sure if this will help.

    To add an item to the Start list, simply drag it into the Start list area. You can do this from within the Start menu of course, but you can also drag an item from the desktop or a File Explorer window: Just drag it onto the Start button first, and after the Start menu has opened you can drag it from there into the Start list.

    What can you add to the Start list? Virtually anything. Documents and other files. Any folder. Desktop application, Modern app, or web app shortcuts.

    You can also reorder the items in the Start list using drag-and-drop.
    yes it's very powerful...my issue was it stopped working, had to create a new profile and start again....
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Aug 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 756
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by reddwarf4ever View Post
    yes it's very powerful...my issue was it stopped working, had to create a new profile and start again....
    You didn't mention this in your original post here; Or provide a link to your MS support thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    02 Aug 2016 #7

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPharaoh View Post
    You didn't mention this in your original post here; Or provide a link to your MS support thread.
    Only trying to help, I couldn't find a solution to this problem....

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-1aaf6aca3f80
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Aug 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 756
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by reddwarf4ever View Post
    Only trying to help, I couldn't find a solution to this problem....

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-1aaf6aca3f80
    All help solutions are welcome here. We are a help community.

    Thank you, for your tips.

    John
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Built-in apps ans start menu problem
Hello everyone, since few weeks, I started notice many problems on my Win 10, after 2 months of my update to windows 10 version 1511 (official), these problems are: -I can't add any tile to the start menu and can't remove or move them, and their...
Software and Apps
Google Chrome and pinning GMail to Start Menu after 1511
I notice an unpleasant GUI-level change that appears after the upgrate to 1511. The issue seem to exist on all machines after 1511 upgrade. Firstly, Google Chrome shortcut pinned to Start Menu now appears on dark gray tile, instead of the...
Browsers and Email
Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?
....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured...
General Support
Solved Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.
Hey. When I try to pin something to the start using the right click on application/folder nothing happens. It looks like it should be pinned in to the start, but nothing changes in there. The things appear in the start after the restart of OS. The...
General Support
Pinning/Unpinning Apps
On the Start Screen UI you can hold Ctrl + left click to select numerous items to pin or unpin at once but, it seems that's not possible on the Start Menu UI. Anyone else experience this?
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums