win 10 blurry text/screen - new laptop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    WIN10
       #1

    win 10 blurry text/screen - new laptop


    hey,


    i have a new win10 laptop, and i have a issue of blurry text/screen when i set screen to 125%.
    i have 2 graphic cards - nvidia and intel, i already set the nvidia default in the nvidia control panel to be the main gpu.
    when its on 100% its works great but in the screen settings it is show to me that 100% its not recommended. only the 125% recommended, i tried to set custom dpi 125% didn't work, reinstall graphic cards/reinstall the windows and more many options.
    by the way i tried to set custom dpi 125 and in screen settings put 125% also and its works fine but it show to me its display on 175%.
    now its on 100% but not recommended but its works fine.
    its really confused what its should be to best display.

    there is a few screenshots of the current settings 100% display,
    http://prntscr.com/byhuay

    http://prntscr.com/byhuim

    http://prntscr.com/byhumu

    when i change to 125% in this settings everything become blur,
    http://prntscr.com/byhutw
    but if i put on the custom dpi 125% also its good but its show me as 175%






    Thanks!
    Last edited by netnet; 28 Jul 2016 at 01:58.
      My Computer

  2. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,298
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #2

    This is a common issue when using higher screen magnification. Find the .exe file for the offending program (as an Administrator), right click the file, select Properties / Compatibility / Change settings for all users then tick the box for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" then Apply. There are some Windows utilities e.g. Event Viewer which you can't fix. We can only hope MS listens to feedback and provides a solution.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7
    WIN10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Steve C said:
    This is a common issue when using higher screen magnification. Find the .exe file for the offending program (as an Administrator), right click the file, select Properties / Compatibility / Change settings for all users then tick the box for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" then Apply. There are some Windows utilities e.g. Event Viewer which you can't fix. We can only hope MS listens to feedback and provides a solution.
    hey thanks for quick response.
    let me understand if i got it, there is .exe file that doing that issue? how do i know which .exe file is that?
      My Computer

  4. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,298
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #4

    This fix applies to standard programs, not the fancy W10 Apps. If using the Start Menu - to find the program, select all apps, right click on the program, More, Open File Location. Then right click on the shortcut, select Properties / Shortcut and under target you should find the .exe file location. You can also peruse the c:\program files & c:\program files (x86) folders to find the .exe file if you know what you are looking for.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 7
    WIN10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Steve C said:
    This fix applies to standard programs, not the fancy W10 Apps. If using the Start Menu - to find the program, select all apps, right click on the program, More, Open File Location. Then right click on the shortcut, select Properties / Shortcut and under target you should find the .exe file location. You can also peruse the c:\program files & c:\program files (x86) folders to find the .exe file if you know what you are looking for.
    maybe i didn't understand you mate, which program do i need to do this processes ?
    i dont get it why some program make this blurry to the screen.
      My Computer

  6. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,298
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #6

    Tell us what programs have problems with blurry text.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 7
    WIN10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Steve C said:
    Tell us what programs have problems with blurry text.
    any program when i use 125% screen.
      My Computer

  8. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 8,353
    Mac OS Catalina
       #8

    netnet said:
    any program when i use 125% screen.
    that would be your problem. It is the display driver that manages what is on the screen, not the program. If you are using a flatscreen and have it set for a very high resolution, suggest that you change the resolution to something lower, so that you do not have to use a Magnifying glass.

    The larger the dpi, the worse that anything on the screen will appear.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 7
    WIN10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    bro67 said:
    that would be your problem. It is the display driver that manages what is on the screen, not the program. If you are using a flatscreen and have it set for a very high resolution, suggest that you change the resolution to something lower, so that you do not have to use a Magnifying glass.

    The larger the dpi, the worse that anything on the screen will appear.
    hey,

    i didnt said its the program problem, its a new pc and i really dont know which reso its should be.
    now im at 100% and its recommended and the reso is great, i using docking station with 22' screen. but when i want to put it 125% to use only with laptop the reso is blur.
      My Computer

  10. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,298
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #10

    I solved the blurry text problem on most programs at 125% dpi by using the disable dpi fix above. There are some MS utilities e.g. Event Viewer which can't be fixed this way. Hopefully MS will fix the problem?
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums