Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #11

    What is the name of the font and where did you get it?

    I see id001.ttf in your doc - but that's not the font name.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Slartybart said:
    What is the name of the font and where did you get it?

    I see id001.ttf in your doc - but that's not the font name.
    On post #3, ID003.TTF.txt I have the actual font file uploaded. thanks for looking into this too. After download it, please remove the .txt . BTW, if you happen to have windows 7 machine, installing the font does not have any problem.
      My Computer

  3. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #13

    Yes, I looked at the font, but I don't understand Chinese

    Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10-id003props.png

    The large size of the font file might be due to the multi-character nature of Asian and other non-Latin fonts

    Please answer the questions I asked - the file might be corrupt (ok it installs on Win7, but is that the same physical file)

    Downloading the same font from a reputable source might resolve the issue post haste.
    I can't look for the font unless I know the name.
      My Computer

  4. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #14

    Took a different tact and used preview - can you preview the font?

    Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10-idprevw.png

    found the name: Big5 China Dragon Beauty font

    Searched for it
    Google

    The Font name in preview looks screwy - but that might just be multi-character manifested
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #15

    Slartybart said:
    Yes, I looked at the font, but I don't understand Chinese
    Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10-id003props.png

    The large size of the font file might be due to the multi-character nature of Asian and other non-Latin fonts

    Please answer the questions I asked - the file might be corrupt (ok it installs on Win7, but is that the same physical file)

    Downloading the same font from a reputable source might resolve the issue post haste.
    I can't look for the font unless I know the name.
    Thanks, from windows 7, I can see below. But the "....." after the "Font name:" are not Chinese either. They are some random characters. I saw the font was created in 2002, maybe its too old to be supported by Windows 10. I will look for something newer then.

    Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10-2016_07_08_19_26_431.png
      My Computer

  6. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #16

    I'm not sure how the preview handles multichars - you are correct though it is not Chinese

    Can you preview the font file on Win10?

    When I searched for the font, I don't think I saw anything newer - some results were in Chinese (I still haven't mastered that language ) but the dates looked to be about the same.

    You might want to use the feedback App and tell MS that this is an issue. Other than that I don't think there's anything you can do that will change Windows behavior in processing the font.

    Berton confirmed the font will not install on their machine either (I didn't try to install it, I just looked at the properties and used font preview)

    Best of luck, that's all I have to offer.

    Bill
    .
      My Computer

  7. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 2,878
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #17

    Slartybart said:
    I'm not sure how the preview handles multichars - you are correct though it is not Chinese

    Can you preview the font file on Win10?

    When I searched for the font, I don't think I saw anything newer - some results were in Chinese (I still haven't mastered that language ) but the dates looked to be about the same.

    You might want to use the feedback App and tell MS that this is an issue. Other than that I don't think there's anything you can do that will change Windows behavior in processing the font.

    Berton confirmed the font will not install on their machine either (I didn't try to install it, I just looked at the properties and used font preview)

    Best of luck, that's all I have to offer.

    Bill
    .
    What bill said. China dragon fonts search finds free download fonts. You might try his suggestion. They are there.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums