1.    29 Jun 2016 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Windows won't boot


    So i boot up my laptop and it's stuck on this screen. If I leave it going the screen just goes black but power is still going to the machine because the lights on the keyboard are still on.

    Any ideas on how to fix?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	87476
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    30 Jun 2016 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Tropic of Cancer
    Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home

    Please fill in your System Specs.

    Also please confirm your BIOS mode. Is it UEFI or Legacy? This is one key information to deal with this issue. If you are not sure, you can take the help of Partition Wizard Boot CD to do it.
    Do you have access to another computer right now? If so, download Partition wizard Bootable CD (the last one in the link). Burn it in a blank CD or in a USB flash stick.

    Boot into Partition Wizards GUI following this instructions. When you are on the last screen, take a camera snap of the screen and upload the snap here.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums

    We need to see the partitions and parameters.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    30 Jun 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Updated specs

    i don't have another computer right now unfortunately. I purchased the laptop in 2009; would that tell you anything?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    01 Jul 2016 #4
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Tropic of Cancer
    Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by dxing2 View Post
    Updated specs

    i don't have another computer right now unfortunately. I purchased the laptop in 2009; would that tell you anything?
    Not completely, but it leads to an assumption that it should be Legacy. Though working on an assumption is not right. But still we can manage to have some ideas. Do you have the Windows 10 installer disk? If so, boot from it. If so, do the following

    1. open Command Prompt at Boot using Windows 10 Installation Media.
      It will show this prompt: X:\Source>
    2. Type diskpart and hit enter. It you give you the diskpart prompt, DISKPART>
    3. Type list disk and hit enter. It will list up the disk and will be back to DISKPART>.
    4. How many disks does it show? I hope only one, numbered 0? If so, type select disk 0 and hit enter.
      It will say 'Disk 0 is now the selected disk' and will bring you back to DISKPART>.
    5. Type list partition. Hit enter. Now it shows a list of partitions on the disk.

    Take a camera snap of this screen and let us see it.

    That would be basic minimum information to proceed, to know the partition structure.

    Without knowing it, anything would be a guesswork only.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    04 Jul 2016 #5
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Arc View Post
    Not completely, but it leads to an assumption that it should be Legacy. Though working on an assumption is not right. But still we can manage to have some ideas. Do you have the Windows 10 installer disk? If so, boot from it. If so, do the following

    1. open Command Prompt at Boot using Windows 10 Installation Media.
      It will show this prompt: X:\Source>
    2. Type diskpart and hit enter. It you give you the diskpart prompt, DISKPART>
    3. Type list disk and hit enter. It will list up the disk and will be back to DISKPART>.
    4. How many disks does it show? I hope only one, numbered 0? If so, type select disk 0 and hit enter.
      It will say 'Disk 0 is now the selected disk' and will bring you back to DISKPART>.
    5. Type list partition. Hit enter. Now it shows a list of partitions on the disk.

    Take a camera snap of this screen and let us see it.

    That would be basic minimum information to proceed, to know the partition structure.

    Without knowing it, anything would be a guesswork only.
    So my BIOS version is F. 33 and the vendor is Insyde.

    I don't have the windows 10 disk as my laptop automatically updated to 10, but I do have a copy of 7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    04 Jul 2016 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Tropic of Cancer
    Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home

    Please read post #4 and supply the information required.
    That would be the basic minimum information to troubleshoot the issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Jul 2016 #7
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,588
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by dxing2 View Post
    So my BIOS version is F. 33 and the vendor is Insyde.

    I don't have the windows 10 disk as my laptop automatically updated to 10, but I do have a copy of 7.
    I think you can boot from the W7 DVD, and as soon as the W7 screen appears you can press Shift+F10, and a command prompt window should open . Then you can follow Arc's instructions in Post #4 to get the required information.

    You'll want to get yourself a W10 disk eventually, so put that on your TO DO list.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Custom Boot Logo Windows 10 UEFI Boot Method? (Non-Legacy)
Is there currently any way to configure a custom boot logo for UEFI booting? I can only find methods for Legacy users, but no luck with UEFI. I'm kind of new to custom boot logos, so if anybody could give me some information as to if it's...
Customization
Windows Boot Manager in BIOS boots only at Boot position 1
I need to put the Windows OS, that means Windows Boot Manager in BIOS at Boot option 2, but in this case it does not boot. I need to put at boot position 1 PXE boot and if that fails boot from Boot option 2 (Windows). How could I do that? My...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Can't re-establish Master Boot Record on my Windows 10 Boot drive
I'm perplexed and frustrated. I have a legacy 64 bit dual core desktop (ASUS mobo). I have several Sata hard drives in it with the 4th partition of my 1 Terabyte drive containing my Windows 10 Professional boot OS. After converting another...
Installation and Upgrade
[Failured-To-Boot-Up] BsoDs+Boot-Loop+AutoRestarts (Windows 10)
This Problem has been happening since the Later Updates of Windows 10. (I remember when Windows 10 was first released, I had Zero problems with the OS, my PC was running fine. So, it confuses me, makes me think that it could be Windows 10, but it...
Performance & Maintenance
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums