Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,598
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Apr 2015 #91

    The acronym RTM has always been used by Microsoft as described in this Wikipedia article. There is absolutely no confusion here, according to the rules set by John we are guessing the Release To Manufacturing date.

    No General Availability day, not the day when Gabe Aul tweets Windows 10 being available, not the day Gabe Aul tweets telling sorry we can't make that day I tweeted earlier but we'll do it on Thursday, not a self coined Never-Officially-Used-In-Any-Context-By-Microsoft-Or-Any-Other-Major-Player days like "release to market" (please Google it and check how official term that is) or any other "I Just Named a Day".

    @Wolfgang, which date you want? Please make a post just containing one date, the day you will think is the RTM day. The one you picked for RTM in your earlier post is already taken.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,784
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       19 Apr 2015 #92

    whs said: View Post
    We are guessing on something that we are guessing on.
    You got it, WHS, but I do think it's been confirmed that it's Manufacturing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,784
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       19 Apr 2015 #93

    Kari said: View Post
    The acronym RTM has always been used by Microsoft as described in this Wikipedia article. There is absolutely no confusion here, according to the rules set by John we are guessing the Release To Manufacturing date.

    No General Availability day, not the day when Gabe Aul tweets Windows 10 being available, not the day Gabe Aul tweets telling sorry we can't make that day I tweeted earlier but we'll do it on Thursday, not a self coined Never-Officially-Used-In-Any-Context-By-Microsoft-Or-Any-Other-Major-Player days like "release to market" (please Google it and check how official term that is) or any other "I Just Named a Day".

    @Wolfgang, which date you want? Please make a post just containing one date, the day you will think is the RTM day. The one you picked for RTM in your earlier post is already taken.
    Thanks, Kari.

    Now we can be totally sure what we're guessing on.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,598
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Apr 2015 #94

    Thanks Wynona but credits where they belong: My esteemed fellow TF geek Derek already told it quite clearly, I simply added some details:

    derekimo said: View Post
    I'm sure this is strictly RTM (Release To Manufacturing) so to avoid further confusion, instead of (Release To Market) let's stick to GA (General Availability) for that.

    Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    No rocket science here: rules say RTM, we are quessing the RTM date. What it is is obviously clear, if not please read the Wikipedia article Derek posted (link in my post was just copied from his earlier post).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,468
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       19 Apr 2015 #95

    I guess it's settled, then!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       19 Apr 2015 #96

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    I guess it's settled, then!
    Sure is I hope. And I highly doubt I'll win but it's a great thing that this has been made available by the powers that be.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,784
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       19 Apr 2015 #97

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Sure is I hope. And I highly doubt I'll win but it's a great thing that this has been made available by the powers that be.

    Jeff
    I hardly ever win anything, but it sure would be nice to present our local Volunteer Fire Department with a $1000 check!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Dec 2013
    Cheshire, England
    Posts : 1,422
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       19 Apr 2015 #98

    @Kari, Can you put me down for the 24th August please

    If i win then i will donate the winnings to Help for Heroes - UK Military Charity

    -Jamie
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,598
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Apr 2015 #99

    JDobbsy1987 said: View Post
    @Kari, Can you put me down for the 24th August please
    Done.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,954
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       19 Apr 2015 #100

    Release to web (RTW) or web release is a means of software delivery that utilizes the Internet for distribution. No physical media are produced in this type of release mechanism by the manufacturer. Web releases are becoming more common as Internet usage grows
    And this means we'll have it before RTM through Windows Update HA!!(snicker snicker "and now the confusion starts " he thinks evilly to himself)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_inline_myw28oIEUi1s4eszc.gif 
Views:	93 
Size:	1,018.4 KB 
ID:	17108
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Release Date July 29
Hello World: Windows 10 Available on July 29 Windows 10 Specifications - Microsoft UPDATE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/7210-upcoming-changes-windows-10-insider-preview-builds.html Getting the final release on July 29th
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Release Date
Does anyone here believe that Windows 10 will be very likely to come out in June 2015 or is that wishful thinking? I want it now so badly but I would hate to have to wait until September or even July or August. Microsoft needs to speed things...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums