Windows 10: As things stand today... where do you stand ?

View Poll Results: Will you jump to W10 and what are you using now.

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the way W10 is heading and will UPGRADE my present OS.

    33 39.29%
  • I like W10 but would ONLY consider a clean install.

    32 38.10%
  • It's been fun but I will not be using W10 as my main OS in the near future.

    9 10.71%
  • W10 is my favourite OS.

    11 13.10%
  • W8.1 is my favourite.

    13 15.48%
  • W8 is my favourite.

    1 1.19%
  • W7 is my favourite.

    24 28.57%
  • Vista is my favourite.

    0 0%
  • XP is my favourite.

    1 1.19%
  • Another such as OSX or Linux.

    3 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
  1.    20 Apr 2015 #111

    LittleJay said: View Post
    I'm hoping that MS will offer a "Family Pack" of W10 for a reasonable price like they have with previous versions. I only have 1 license each for W7 & W8 and really don't want to give either of them up.
    I think that there will be a low price for the first year that Win10 comes out. Well, I hope there is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 22
    win7/win10/unbumtu14
       20 Apr 2015 #112

    Family packs need to increase in size. mine is at least 4 now!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,261
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       20 Apr 2015 #113

    dockmaster said: View Post
    Family packs need to increase in size. mine is at least 4 now!
    Four would do quite nicely for me; however, I'd be willing to give up a couple or three 7s that I no longer use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    20 Apr 2015 #114

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I think that there will be a low price for the first year that Win10 comes out. Well, I hope there is.
    I hope so as well. I can't see any reason they wouldn't. A free upgrade would be great if I had a spare license for either 7 or 8, but I don't. Along with 7 & 8 I still have XP installed on its own disk, so you might say that I'm a collector.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    20 Apr 2015 #115

    LittleJay said: View Post
    I hope so as well. I can't see any reason they wouldn't. A free upgrade would be great if I had a spare license for either 7 or 8, but I don't. Along with 7 & 8 I still have XP installed on its own disk, so you might say that I'm a collector.
    I had two licenses for Win7 but I gave them away since I have no use for them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,261
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       20 Apr 2015 #116

    LittleJay said: View Post
    I hope so as well. I can't see any reason they wouldn't. A free upgrade would be great if I had a spare license for either 7 or 8, but I don't. Along with 7 & 8 I still have XP installed on its own disk, so you might say that I'm a collector.
    Think about it, Jeff. Microsoft is standing there with a free upgrade in one hand and a DVD costing $40 in the other, weighing his options . . . Ummm, which option do you think he'll take?

    BTW, want Windows 98 Upgrade and Windows 98 SE?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    20 Apr 2015 #117

    Wynona said: View Post
    Think about it, Jeff. Microsoft is standing there with a free upgrade in one hand and a DVD costing $40 in the other, weighing his options . . . Ummm, which option do you think he'll take?

    BTW, want Windows 98 Upgrade and Windows 98 SE?
    While I like the idea of a free upgrade there are too many possible strings attached and for me at least 40$ is not a big issue. And how do you build a new PC?? If you have one set up you could possible download a copy, assuming that an ISO is available. But for me having a DVD is the better option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,261
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       20 Apr 2015 #118

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    While I like the idea of a free upgrade there are too many possible strings attached and for me at least 40$ is not a big issue. And how do you build a new PC?? If you have one set up you could possible download a copy, assuming that an ISO is available. But for me having a DVD is the better option.
    Yeah, it stands to reason that anyone who can build their own new PC would have their previous build available to download with. However, there's always a "first time to build a PC" and all of us have been there. But what if the old PC crashed and burned and there you stand, parts in hand.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    21 Apr 2015 #119

    Wynona said: View Post
    Think about it, Jeff. Microsoft is standing there with a free upgrade in one hand and a DVD costing $40 in the other, weighing his options . . . Ummm, which option do you think he'll take?

    BTW, want Windows 98 Upgrade and Windows 98 SE?
    Actually, I would pay the $40. That would be great if they offered a license for W10 at that price and I'm hoping that is the case. I do have W98 on cd along with W95 and Millenium.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    23 Apr 2015 #120

    The only major difference for me in Win10 is the automatic 'pick what fills the other half of the screen' thing that happens when you snap a window to half-screen; and the Notification Center.

    - That said right now... I sort of like Win 8.1 a little better when it comes to using the touchscreen, than Win10's Tablet Mode. Tablet Mode just seems to have a few extra situations it affects, rather than just being a simple drag-down-to-close motion (amongst other things). I sometimes get caught in an endless loop where I pin something to one side of the screen, select what fills the other side, and the pinned item disappears. Repin, and the other side disappears etc. Tablet Mode also (at least in Build 10061) removes my pinned taskbar icons except for the start button and search button, which I never asked it to do.

    - Some things, such as editing the screen brightness and the power button, were much eaiser to acess on Win8.1's Charms bar, than digging into modern PC Settings/Display sub menus, or on the Win10 Start Menu.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Do multiple things at once with Windows 10 | Blogging Windows How to Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10 How to Open and Use Task View for Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Open and Use Action Center in Windows 10
Just looking at the census reports from 1961 in the city I was born in.(Calgary) There were just under 250,000 people here. 50 years later there was 1.1 million. With the surrounding area and 4 years later, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 1.5....
Stand By in General Support
At the present my computer goes into standby automatically. How do I change it so it doesn't go into standby so I don't have to enter my password every time? I have tried everything! Tully
One of the problems with a virgin install vice upgrading is you have to install all those apps, and what about those modern UI apps and their data?? I got a utility called 'window 8 app data backup' or something very close to that title. I...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45.
Find Us