Page 99 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
  1.    19 Nov 2015 #981
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,531
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Great videos @Kari(as usual, what else though)!

    Call me a traditionalist though, I'm sticking with Macrium, and as soon as Microsoft realizes their mistake, and reinstates their Backup & Image tool/(I never hade a problem with it, reimaging to same or new disks), I'm dropping Macrium!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    19 Nov 2015 #982
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,940
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Call me a traditionalist though, I'm sticking with Macrium...
    Me too, I am a huge Macrium fan. I just made these videos to support the Giweaway offer John got from EaseUS for our members.

    I do not need system image backups in the traditional sense. I have everything saved on my OneDrive which is synced on each PC I use. I have no fear nor risk to lose my data.

    My way to use system images is when a new build is released, I do a clean install on a reference PC, interrupting the installation after the last reboot before any user accounts have been created and boot to Audit Mode. I then install all software using the PowerShell OneGet, customize Windows and the default user profile, sysprep the Windows image and shutdown.

    Then I use Macrium to create a system image. I use this image then to instead of regular Windows install media to install Windows on all my machines. That way I get a clean install with all my customizations and installed software, n ot needing to install Windows first then all software and customize Windows separately on each machine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    19 Nov 2015 #983
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,531
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Me too, I am a huge Macrium fan. I just made these videos to support the Giweaway offer John got from EaseUS for our members.

    I do not need system image backups in the traditional sense. I have everything saved on my OneDrive which is synced on each PC I use. I have no fear nor risk to lose my data.

    My way to use system images is when a new build is released, I do a clean install on a reference PC, interrupting the installation after the last reboot before any user accounts have been created and boot to Audit Mode. I then install all software using the PowerShell OneGet, customize Windows and the default user profile, sysprep the Windows image and shutdown.

    Then I use Macrium to create a system image. I use this image then to instead of regular Windows install media to install Windows on all my machines. That way I get a clean install with all my customizations and installed software, n ot needing to install Windows first then all software and customize Windows separately on each machine.
    Geekology
    from Kari the
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thHJEE2OPD.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	49298
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    19 Nov 2015 #984
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,811
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Me too, I am a huge Macrium fan. I just made these videos to support the Giweaway offer John got from EaseUS for our members.

    I do not need system image backups in the traditional sense. I have everything saved on my OneDrive which is synced on each PC I use. I have no fear nor risk to lose my data.

    My way to use system images is when a new build is released, I do a clean install on a reference PC, interrupting the installation after the last reboot before any user accounts have been created and boot to Audit Mode. I then install all software using the PowerShell OneGet, customize Windows and the default user profile, sysprep the Windows image and shutdown.

    Then I use Macrium to create a system image. I use this image then to instead of regular Windows install media to install Windows on all my machines. That way I get a clean install with all my customizations and installed software, n ot needing to install Windows first then all software and customize Windows separately on each machine.
    Yes, when you have 376 machines to do, I suppose that's the way to do it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Geekology
    from Kari the
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thHJEE2OPD.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	49298
    You are SO RIGHT! Kari, Lord of the Geeks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    19 Nov 2015 #985
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,811
    W10Prox64

    Nice vids BTW @Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    19 Nov 2015 #986
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,940
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Nice vids BTW
    Thanks. My audio equipment finally decided to go to strike, I had to do these without narration but I think they work as such.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    19 Nov 2015 #987
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,415
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Thanks. My audio equipment finally decided to go to strike, I had to do these without narration but I think they work as such.
    If a picture is worth 1000 words, video may be worth whole book.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    20 Nov 2015 #988
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,565
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    I must say it's unique if nothing else. And yes, I could follow it!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    21 Nov 2015 #989
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,776
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Roolback your Windows 10 upgrade to your previous Windows version




    Following Brink's tutorial, here is how you rollback

    Windows 10 - Go Back to Previous Windows - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    21 Nov 2015 #990
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,565
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post


    Following Brink's tutorial, here is how you rollback

    Windows 10 - Go Back to Previous Windows - Windows 10 Forums
    Do I gotta? I'm liking this version!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members
Hi fellow Ten Forums geeks :) Thanks to @Wynona's and @Cliff's idea I thought why not start sharing our homemade Windows 10 themes. To keep this clean and simple, please post only themes with copyright free or your self made backgrounds to avoid...
Customization
Xbox New Windows 10-based Xbox One user experience soon for Preview members
Read more: New Windows 10-based Xbox One user experience will soon roll out to all Preview members
Windows 10 News
10 Forums Members count snip
7730 Not bad numbers 10 10 for the first month of the leak. I am sure it will continue to grow!:party: Charlie
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums