Windows 10: Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members Solved

Page 75 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 10,636
    W10Prox64
       11 Sep 2015 #741

    Kari said: View Post
    Tip   Tip
    For a quick access to all videos posted by our members in this thread, check the Ten Forums Video Library:
    Yeah, you should put this at the beginning of the first post.

    Hey - question: Do we cross-link the videos with the written tutorials?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 10,997
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       11 Sep 2015 #742

    simrick said: View Post
    Yeah, you should put this at the beginning of the first post.
    If it's not clear enough now, please tell me how you would want me to add it

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-09-11_15h45_07.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	36890

    simrick said: View Post
    Hey - question: Do we cross-link the videos with the written tutorials?
    If we have a tutorial about the same topic as your video, please add the tutorial link to both the post in this thread where you publish the video, and the video description in Video Library.

    Always add the video to the library, too, in addition to posting it here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 10,636
    W10Prox64
       11 Sep 2015 #743

    Kari said: View Post
    If it's not clear enough now, please tell me how you would want me to add it

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-09-11_15h45_07.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	36890


    Okay thanks...because it's apparent I need new glasses....

    Kari said: View Post
    If we have a tutorial about the same topic as your video, please add the tutorial link to both the post in this thread where you publish the video, and the video description in Video Library.

    Always add the video to the library, too, in addition to posting it here.
    Okay, I can add the link int he comments, I guess.

    Question: My description for shortcuts is messed up from the smileys. Did I do that? Can I undo it?
    Create Settings Shortcuts on the Desktop in Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,450
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       11 Sep 2015 #744

    simrick said: View Post



    Question: My description for shortcuts is messed up from the smileys. Did I do that? Can I undo it?
    Create Settings Shortcuts on the Desktop in Windows 10
    Go Advanced:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	36901
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 10,997
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       11 Sep 2015 #745

    simrick said: View Post
    Question: My description for shortcuts is messed up from the smileys. Did I do that? Can I undo it?
    Create Settings Shortcuts on the Desktop in Windows 10
    I'll ask if John can disable the smileys in the Video Library, they are unnecessary there.

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Go Advanced:
    That's not possible when adding videos in Video Library.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,450
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       11 Sep 2015 #746

    Kari said: View Post
    I'll ask if John can disable the smilies in the Video Library, they are unnecessary there.



    That's not possible when adding videos in Video Library.
    I didn't know, ok thanks. It is kind of funny simricks sticking smilies are all giving raspberries where there is the letter "P".
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 10,636
    W10Prox64
       11 Sep 2015 #747

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I didn't know, ok thanks. It is kind of funny simricks sticking smilies are all giving raspberries where there is the letter "P".
    Yes it is hilarious.

    and no, there is no go advanced in that page...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no-go-advanced.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	36909
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 10,997
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       11 Sep 2015 #748

    Tip   Tip
    Please notice when adding video description in Video Library:

    Some character combinations are by default converted (parsed) to so called smileys in the forum software we use. An example: if you write a colon : and the end parenthesis ) directly after that with no space in between, the combination is interpreted by the software as a smiley . This can be annoying, for instance if you want to post the following sentence:
    All system folders are by default located on the system drive (drive C
    The system reads the :) combination after the text drive C as a smiley and the above sentence looks comical, not what I wanted to post.

    To make my text readable I can use the [noparse][/noparse] tags. Anything within the NOPARSE tags is posted as is, not converting it to smileys, ignoring all text formatting, links and so on.

    Let's try it: I will put the :) combination within the NOPARSE tags and try again:
    All system folders are by default located on the system drive (drive C:)
    If you look the above in editor, it looks like this:
    Code:
    All system folders are by default located on the system drive (drive C[noparse]:)[/noparse]
    When you add your videos to the Video Library and the description looks wrong because of the system parsing your text to smileys, use the NOPARSE tags to make it readable.

    Notice that when posting in forums this is not an issue; if you do not want the preset key combinations to be converted to smileys you can disable it at the bottom of the advance editor:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-09-11_17h55_42.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	36912

    The issue is only with the Video Library video description where this option is not available.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 10,636
    W10Prox64
       11 Sep 2015 #749

    oh crap....that's a lot of work for my post!
    I'll have to do that later...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,450
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       11 Sep 2015 #750

    That was fast and well done Kari.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 75 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi fellow Ten Forums geeks :) Thanks to @Wynona's and @Cliff's idea I thought why not start sharing our homemade Windows 10 themes. To keep this clean and simple, please post only themes with copyright free or your self made backgrounds to avoid...
Read more: New Windows 10-based Xbox One user experience will soon roll out to all Preview members
7730 Not bad numbers 10 10 for the first month of the leak. I am sure it will continue to grow!:party: Charlie
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:51.
Find Us