Windows 10: Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members Solved


  1. Posts : 14,413
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       21 Aug 2015 #681

      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 10,986
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       21 Aug 2015 #682

    OldGuyGeek said: View Post
    Here's a video that cover the basics of multiple desktops in Windows 10. The video covers how to create the desktops along with, viewing and moving programs between them.
    Video added to the list.

    In the future please embed the video instead of posting a link to it. You can embed it by selecting the Video button and pasting the YouTube link in the dialog which is shown.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-08-21_14h23_24.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	32953

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-08-21_14h26_30.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	32954
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 51
    Windows 8.1 Pro & Windows 10 Pro
       21 Aug 2015 #683

    Hi Kari,

    I did that three times and each time it came out as a link when I previewed the post. I eventually posted it anyway, thinking the preview just didn't show the full image on the link. But even after posting it still showed as a link. That's probably how I accidentally deleted the link the last time I edited it.

    I used the correct technique on the Windows 8 forums dozens of times, so I'm at a loss why it didn't work. Here's my attempt with another video using the correct procedure that insert the video tag brackets.

    https://youtu.be/GuDBOL42W7g



    AHA!!!!!! I just tried something above. You can't use HTTPS with the insert video function. I removed the 'S' from HTTPS and as you can see, it works fine. Maybe something you can report to the forum software people?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 10,986
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       21 Aug 2015 #684

    OldGuyGeek said: View Post
    AHA!!!!!! I just tried something above. You can't use HTTPS with the insert video function. I removed the 'S' from HTTPS and as you can see, it works fine. Maybe something you can report to the forum software people?
    I just checked all my videos, they are HTTPS?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 10,460
    W10Prox64
       21 Aug 2015 #685

    Nice vids @OldGuyGeek
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 10,986
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       21 Aug 2015 #686

    Guys, a reminder: We do these videos in a "gentlemanly" way: no competition! Each and every member can post any videos, also "remakes" of videos made by other members but the "official" list in first post is done on first come - first served basis. To put it simple it means I will add only the first video posted about a certain topic to the list.

    This might sound and appear unfair to you but really, there's no point in all of us making a video about the same topic adding them to the list; it would be quite confusing to have 10 videos about the same topic from 10 members on the list.

    Short: Each and every video from our members is welcome in this thread. First video about a certain topic will be added to the list.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Aug 2015 #687

    Kari said: View Post
    Guys, a reminder: We do these videos in a "gentlemanly" way: no competition! Each and every member can post any videos, also "remakes" of videos made by other members but the "official" list in first post is done on first come - first served basis. To put it simple it means I will add only the first video posted about a certain topic to the list.

    This might sound and appear unfair to you but really, there's no point in all of us making a video about the same topic adding them to the list; it would be quite confusing to have 10 videos about the same topic from 10 members on the list.

    Short: Each and every video from our members is welcome in this thread. First video about a certain topic will be added to the list.
    What if second or third are better than first ? I bit of competition can be a good thing. Could maybe someone make a "Second choice list " ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 7,792
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       21 Aug 2015 #688

    CountMike said: View Post
    What if second or third are better than first ? I bit of competition can be a good thing. Could maybe someone make a "Second choice list " ?
    Who is going to judge "the Best'? That whole process, no matter how it was done, would be a real pain.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 10,986
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       21 Aug 2015 #689

    CountMike said: View Post
    What if second or third are better than first ? I bit of competition can be a good thing. Could maybe someone make a "Second choice list " ?
    I don't intend to be a judge here. I have nothing against in replacing a video on the list with a remake from another member if and when the maker of the original video asks me to do it. If not, the first video stays.

    I see it like this, like it or not: The whole point of this thread is to activate members to create something for the community. Each and every video is in my and hopefully other members eyes equally good, equally appreciated and equally welcome. First of each topic will go to the list, videos about the same topic will be equally welcome but do not appear on the list.

    If a member does not bother to check the list to see if that topic is already taken, the video made, and posts it anyway, it's ignorance. However, if a member checks the list but thinks he / she can do it better, then that should be told in the post to show that the member in question knows the video already exists but he / she thinks it needed to be remade.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 7,792
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       21 Aug 2015 #690

    Here's a very basic one on Backing your OS up with Macrium

      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hi fellow Ten Forums geeks :) Thanks to @Wynona's and @Cliff's idea I thought why not start sharing our homemade Windows 10 themes. To keep this clean and simple, please post only themes with copyright free or your self made backgrounds to avoid...
Read more: New Windows 10-based Xbox One user experience will soon roll out to all Preview members
7730 Not bad numbers 10 10 for the first month of the leak. I am sure it will continue to grow!:party: Charlie
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:29.
Find Us