Windows 10: What do you reccommend factory reset, Clean install or do nothing Solved

  1.    09 Jun 2016 #1

    What do you reccommend factory reset, Clean install or do nothing


    i upgraded to windows 10 and have been having been having some problems my pc freezes mostly when im playing games so i orriginally i thought it was just my gfx card (its a crappy one getting a new one soon tho) so i wasn't really bothered but just before my pc crashed and it said sending data to microsoft or something and this was whilst i was just watching a youtube video. So i just wanted to know should i do anything like factory reset or clean install?. Also generally speaking is it adviced to factory reset or clean install when upgrading for windows 7 to windows 10.

    edit: forgot to mention when my computer crashes it either stutters for a bit then restarts my pc or my monitor just turns of but my pc is still on and i can hear the sound from my headphone.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Jun 2016 #2

    It is very much recommended to do a clean install after an upgrade, if you are willing to re-install all your programs.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    09 Jun 2016 #3

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    It is very much recommended to do a clean install after an upgrade, if you are willing to re-install all your programs.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
    just to be clear i read the page but want to double check with someone when it says "If you have the free Windows 10 offer, then you can enter the Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key that you upgraded from to Windows 10." is that the product key in system settings?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    09 Jun 2016 #4

    Epicfin said: View Post
    just to be clear i read the page but want to double check with someone when it says "If you have the free Windows 10 offer, then you can enter the Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key that you upgraded from to Windows 10." is that the product key in system settings?
    Since you've done the upgrade once, you won't have to enter any product key to install the same Windows 10 that was upgraded to before. Click "I don't have a product key", "skip" or "do this later" when asked for a product key. As long as you install the same version of Windows 10 you had before, it will activate by retrieving the digital entitlement from Microsoft once connected to the internet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Jun 2016 #5

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Since you've done the upgrade once, you won't have to enter any product key to install the same Windows 10 that was upgraded to before. Click "I don't have a product key", "skip" or "do this later" when asked for a product key. As long as you install the same version of Windows 10 you had before, it will activate by retrieving the digital entitlement from Microsoft once connected to the internet.
    Thank You Just Clean Installed
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Can't factory reset Windows 10. in Installation and Upgrade
Hey guys. Upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 today, but it didn't ask me about whether or not I wanted to keep anything or not.. it just automatically kept my files.. but I wanted it to wipe everything clean with this install. So I'm on Windows 10...
I read that Reset This PC does a clean install of windows. I waited hours, and when it completed, I had the same loadout as before, with all the Asus bloatware. So, I read Windows 10 doesn't need a recovery partition anymore. I figured since I...
I upgraded my Asus X205TA to Windows 10. However I wanted get a clean install so I went into recovery and chose to reset the PC and clean all apps,files, etc. Whenever I try this it fails then gives me a blue screen with options. Only booting...
Solved Reset vs Clean Install? in Installation and Upgrade
I just upgraded my notebook from 8.1. Win 10 is activated. I did the upgrade by creating an ISO using MCT, expanding the files to a USB hdd, then running Setup. I would now like to do a clean reinstall. Since I do not have bootable external media...
Win 10 reset and clean install failure in Installation and Upgrade
Samsung All-in-One model dp500a2p After getting the 10 upgrade and letting it activate I decided to reset it to rid my PC of the various crap I had downloaded over the last 2 years. It had been running 10 for 2 days at that point with no issues....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:49.
Find Us