Missing Segoe UI Font


  1. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #1

    Missing Segoe UI Font


    I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back to the standard "Segoe UI Regular", only to discover it was no longer listed in font selection drop down box in Winaero Tweaker. I then checked Control Panel\Fonts\Segoe UI, and sure enough Segoe UI Regular and Segoe UI Bold are both missing.

    Where can I get a copy of the Segoe UI fonts that come with Windows 10 to replace the ones I lost? I tried running sfc /scannow hoping that would fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried running windows update to no avail either. I am download the Windows 10 installation media right now, because I read you could install fonts off the disc, but I haven't been able to find any information on how to do so.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #2

    you probably would just be able to download it online and then install it from there, just look up "seoge ui download" and you'll probably find something.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #3

    chamber said:
    you probably would just be able to download it online and then install it from there, just look up "seoge ui download" and you'll probably find something.
    However, if you try to download Segoe UI again off the Internet using Windows 10, it means that you are basically downloading the old version of Segoe UI like in Windows Vista/7 (in usual cases).

    If you happen to download the NEW version of Segoe UI, just give us the link and the new version can be re-downloaded (if they allow it).
      My Computer

  4. topgundcp's Avatar
    Posts : 2,782
    Linux Mint 20.1 Win10Prox64
       #4

    OPTION 1: If you have the Window10 ISO. Just double click to mount then use 7-zip to open the file install.wim or install.esd. Navigate to Windows\Fonts folder and copy those missing fonts.

    OPTION 2:
    If you don't have the Windows 10 ISO. Here's the zip file, unzip and install those missing fonts.
    Missing Segoe UI Font Attached Files
      My Computer

  5. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #5

    topgundcp said:
    OPTION 1: If you have the Window10 ISO. Just double click to mount then use 7-zip to open the file install.wim or install.esd. Navigate to Windows\Fonts folder and copy those missing fonts.
    I recently downloaded the MCT Pro and Techbench ISOs and found that both are indexed.
    index:1 is Pro
    index:2 is Home

    When you open install.wim or install.esd, you see 2 folders and an xml file

    Missing Segoe UI Font-isowimcontents.png

    The xml file defines which edition was downloaded and which one (I think) gets booted

    Windows is under the indices and Fonts is under Windows

    Techbench:
    \sources\install.wim\1\Windows\Fonts\
    \sources\install.wim\2\Windows\Fonts\

    MCT:
    \sources\install.esd\1\Windows\Fonts\
    \sources\install.esd\2\Windows\Fonts\

    It shouldn't matter from which edition folder you get the fonts


    Side note: SFC /ScanNow would restore the font
      My Computer

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,988
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #6

    topgundcp said:
    OPTION 1: If you have the Window10 ISO. Just double click to mount then use 7-zip to open the file install.wim or install.esd. Navigate to Windows\Fonts folder and copy those missing fonts.

    OPTION 2:
    If you don't have the Windows 10 ISO. Here's the zip file, unzip and install those missing fonts.
    Slartybart said:
    I recently downloaded the MCT Pro and Techbench ISOs and found that both are indexed.
    index:1 is Pro
    index:2 is Home

    When you open install.wim or install.esd, you see 2 folders and an xml file
    Missing Segoe UI Font-isowimcontents.png

    The xml file defines which edition was downloaded and which one (I think) gets booted

    Windows is under the indices and Fonts is under Windows
    Techbench:
    \sources\install.wim\1\Windows\Fonts\
    \sources\install.wim\2\Windows\Fonts\

    MCT:
    \sources\install.esd\1\Windows\Fonts\
    \sources\install.esd\2\Windows\Fonts\

    It shouldn't matter from which edition folder you get the fonts


    Side note: SFC /ScanNow would restore the font
    Thanks guys!
    I was also having the EXACT same problem. Winaero is now gone from my system.
    By the way, to reset system fonts, go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts\Font settings and click "Restore default font settings".
    Missing Segoe UI Font-image-001.png
    Sorry again Dino for typing the wrong name on the rep
      My Computers


  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,988
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #7

    Slartybart said:
    I recently downloaded the MCT Pro and Techbench ISOs and found that both are indexed.
    index:1 is Pro
    index:2 is Home

    When you open install.wim or install.esd, you see 2 folders and an xml file
    Missing Segoe UI Font-isowimcontents.png

    The xml file defines which edition was downloaded and which one (I think) gets booted

    Windows is under the indices and Fonts is under Windows
    Techbench:
    \sources\install.wim\1\Windows\Fonts\
    \sources\install.wim\2\Windows\Fonts\

    MCT:
    \sources\install.esd\1\Windows\Fonts\
    \sources\install.esd\2\Windows\Fonts\

    It shouldn't matter from which edition folder you get the fonts


    Side note: SFC /ScanNow would restore the font
    I just tied what Bill mentioned and it works great.
    I mounted an ISO(TechNet in my case),
    Worked my way to H:\sources\install.wim\
    Opened it with 7zip(yes 7Zip opens wim files),
    worked my way to H:\sources\install.wim\1\Windows\Fonts\
    and selected a .ttf font:
    Missing Segoe UI Font-image-001.png

    Then I copied it to a work place, in my case I prefer Downloads an a working folder, but you can use Desktop or Documents, it doesn't matter.
    Then I just right clicked it, and there is the Install option:
    Missing Segoe UI Font-image-002.png
      My Computers

  8. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #8

    topgundcp said:
    OPTION 1: If you have the Window10 ISO. Just double click to mount then use 7-zip to open the file install.wim or install.esd. Navigate to Windows\Fonts folder and copy those missing fonts.

    OPTION 2:
    If you don't have the Windows 10 ISO. Here's the zip file, unzip and install those missing fonts.
    Cliff S said:
    I just tied what Bill mentioned and it works great.
    Technically, it is what topgun suggested. I only corrected the location of the Windows folder.
      My Computer

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,988
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #9

    Slartybart said:
    Technically, it is what topgun suggested. I only corrected the location of the Windows folder.
    Yep. You're both doing a great job!
    Of course I had to try it
    I never even thought about digging in the ISO for files.
    Now I have a new toy
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums