Windows 10: Weird Text in Taskbar options menu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    08 Jun 2016 #1

    Weird Text in Taskbar options menu


    As you guys can see in the picture, I got some weird text in that menu and I want to delete it! Is there a folder related to task bars that I can acess to delete that option? (BTW I clicked on it and nothing happened)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	84112
    Any help would be appreciated!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,085
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       08 Jun 2016 #2

    Do you see it listed in Taskbar Properties in the toolbar tab ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    08 Jun 2016 #3

    jds63 said: View Post
    Do you see it listed in Taskbar Properties in the toolbar tab ?
    Yes I do, but I didn't find an option to delete it from there!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,085
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       08 Jun 2016 #4

    BZaki96 said: View Post
    Yes I do, but I didn't find an option to delete it from there!
    O.k. did you try to uncheck it and click Apply ? This toolbar must of been added from a software if you did not add it yourself, but do not recognize it as any language.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Jun 2016 #5

    jds63 said: View Post
    O.k. did you try to uncheck it and click Apply ? This toolbar must of been added from a software if you did not add it yourself, but do not recognize it as any language.
    I just tried it, but found out it's already unchecked! I think this means that I arrived at a dead end?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,085
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       08 Jun 2016 #6

    BZaki96 said: View Post
    I just tried it, but found out it's already unchecked! I think this means that I arrived at a dead end?
    All i know is how to remove or add ones on the list from the taskbar, do not know how to delete any. Obviously came from somewhere else, maybe added by software. See on that toolbar says New Toolbar, when you click that windows explorer opens to add from a location. Like here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

    If a toolbar is checked it will show in the tasksbar. If you check this what shows then ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    08 Jun 2016 #7

    jds63 said: View Post
    All i know is how to remove or add ones on the list from the taskbar, do not know how to delete any. Obviously came from somewhere else, maybe added by software. See on that toolbar says New Toolbar, when you click that windows explorer opens to add from a location. Like here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

    If a toolbar is checked it will show in the tasksbar. If you check this what shows then ?
    Like I said before, when I check it, it doesn't get checked and nothing gets added to the taskbar. I also seen a link on that article you suggested, I pasted that link in "computer", and deleted everything inside that folder but it still shows, I also tried something else I saw on that article; I kept that weird text held down and hit delete on my keyboard, i also kept ctrl maintained and hit delete by it also didn't work. Thanks for taking time to help me. This wasn't a major problem at the end, it'll stay there but it doesn't affect anything thankfully.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,085
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       08 Jun 2016 #8

    BZaki96 said: View Post
    Like I said before, when I check it, it doesn't get checked and nothing gets added to the taskbar. I also seen a link on that article you suggested, I pasted that link in "computer", and deleted everything inside that folder but it still shows, I also tried something else I saw on that article; I kept that weird text held down and hit delete on my keyboard, i also kept ctrl maintained and hit delete by it also didn't work. Thanks for taking time to help me. This wasn't a major problem at the end, it'll stay there but it doesn't affect anything thankfully.
    Your Welcome ! Wish i knew more to help. One other mention maybe something to do with language in Windows 10, some appears to be in English and some not like the text in toolbar you are trying to remove. Is this some kind of Arabic ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    09 Jun 2016 #9

    That's what happens when some font is not installed and substitute font can't substitute it right.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,085
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       09 Jun 2016 #10

    CountMike said: View Post
    That's what happens when some font is not installed and substitute font can't substitute it right.
    Here i am thinking it might of been some language . Wondering how else to get rid of it for this member.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here. All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its...
    In almost any file that contains text such as notepad, or any windows 'box' where typing is allowed, when you select some or all of the text displayed by highlighting it, the right click menu offered for the selected text contains things like 'Open...
    Weird taskbar bug in Software and Apps
    So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy. Today I was using my PC as usual and all of a sudden every OS window/menu became buggy: taskbar, start button would not come up, alt-tab...
    Hi, When I search in Edge, Bing shows results in weird Font. Same is when I start Skype - my username is in the same weird font. Please, please help. I attach some screenshots.3739437395
    Hi, it's over a month since I updated to Win 10, so Windows.old has been duly deleted. I happened to do a SHIFT restart, and in the Advanced Options, noted an option sthg like 'Revert to previous build' Well, if Windows.old was still there, I...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:55.
    Find Us