Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10
       08 Jun 2016 #1

    preload.js dialog box keeps popping up


    preload.js dialog box from tag.imonomy.com keeps popping up, anyone know what this is? Internet search came up empty.

    thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Tropic of Cancer
    Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       08 Jun 2016 #2

    preload.js seems to be a JavaScript library that lets you manage and co-ordinate the loading of assets and data.
    imonomy - In-Image Ads That Work is an advertising service.

    Do two things at first:

    1. Check for it or anything related to it in startup.

    1. Right click on the taskbar and click on "Task Manager" in the context menu.
    2. It will open Task Manager with "Processes" tab selected. Click on the "Startup" tab.
    3. Select them all one by one and click "Disable" at the bottom right corner.
    4. Disable everything there other than the antivirus.

    See how it goes. Let us know.

    2. Scan your system for adware. Use ADWCleaner for this purpose.

    3. Also scan for any possible Malware. Download and install MBAM Free version. Then reboot the computer in Safe mode and scan the entire computer with it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10
       08 Jun 2016 #3

    Thanks! I'll check it out.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 7
       09 Jun 2016 #4

    re tag.imonomy


    this didnt work for me with Task Manager.. seem the process using it is Chrome.exe*32, when i end process, it shuts down chrome , how do i stop this please, it's popping up 5 times in the last hour

    Arc said: View Post
    preload.js seems to be a JavaScript library that lets you manage and co-ordinate the loading of assets and data.
    imonomy - In-Image Ads That Work is an advertising service.

    Do two things at first:

    1. Check for it or anything related to it in startup.

    1. Right click on the taskbar and click on "Task Manager" in the context menu.
    2. It will open Task Manager with "Processes" tab selected. Click on the "Startup" tab.
    3. Select them all one by one and click "Disable" at the bottom right corner.
    4. Disable everything there other than the antivirus.

    See how it goes. Let us know.

    2. Scan your system for adware. Use ADWCleaner for this purpose.

    3. Also scan for any possible Malware. Download and install MBAM Free version. Then reboot the computer in Safe mode and scan the entire computer with it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Tropic of Cancer
    Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       09 Jun 2016 #5

    sydoz said: View Post
    this didnt work for me with Task Manager.. seem the process using it is Chrome.exe*32, when i end process, it shuts down chrome , how do i stop this please, it's popping up 5 times in the last hour
    That post is not for you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 7
       09 Jun 2016 #6

    re tag.imonomy


    Arc said: View Post
    That post is not for you.
    and why not??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows
       09 Jun 2016 #7

    GeneS said: View Post
    preload.js dialog box from tag.imonomy.com keeps popping up, anyone know what this is? Internet search came up empty.

    thanks
    Hey there, i'm not sure if you fixed this yet but i seemed to have found the issue.

    After opening the Task Manager, I was able to see the .exe that was trying to open so i right-clicked to open file destination. Lo and behold it opened up in my uTorrent folder and it almost looked like some kind of update or something. Rather than installing, I simply *tried to delete it.

    It then said that the file was open in "WebHelper" so I again opened the Task Manager and closed that.
    Then it let me delete the file it kept trying to install or toy with or whatever.

    Hope this helped.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       10 Jun 2016 #8

    devynbf said: View Post
    Hey there, i'm not sure if you fixed this yet but i seemed to have found the issue.

    After opening the Task Manager, I was able to see the .exe that was trying to open so i right-clicked to open file destination. Lo and behold it opened up in my uTorrent folder and it almost looked like some kind of update or something. Rather than installing, I simply *tried to delete it.

    It then said that the file was open in "WebHelper" so I again opened the Task Manager and closed that.
    Then it let me delete the file it kept trying to install or toy with or whatever.

    Hope this helped.
    Thanks a lot! This was the perfect fix for me as well. I was wondering why I kept getting the tag.imonomy download script all of a sudden. It got worse last night, when an automated message kept playing on my computer. Something to the effect of my computer being infected, a female voice, and me needing to download software to remove whatever malware was on it. It was an annoying message that kept repeating itself over and over. Had to mute my desktop and came online to see what the issue was. Turns out, I was running uTorrent in the background, so I am going to assume that was the curlprit. Thanks again!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Tropic of Cancer
    Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       10 Jun 2016 #9

    sydoz said: View Post
    and why not??
    Because it is for GeneS who asked the question. If you have any issue, start your own thread other than posting in others ones.

    That would help you to get specific help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 7
       10 Jun 2016 #10

    but i mentioned it was thse same issue for me?? and why be rude about it??
    Arc said: View Post
    Because it is for GeneS who asked the question. If you have any issue, start your own thread other than posting in others ones.

    That would help you to get specific help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up
I am trying to disable the on-screen keyboard, but it continually pops up, when I lock the computer and log back in, and when various windows are opened. It's disabled in the Ease of Access Center, and I don't know what else to do. I'm running...
General Support
Date and Time Keep Popping Up - Please Help
Hello, Since I upgraded to Windows 10, many things have been problematic. However, my issue currently is that the Date and Time keep popping up and remain popped up. I am referring to the one which shows and entire month calendar, along with the...
General Support
Audio Popping USB headset
Ever since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I've been experiencing brief audio popping/cracking noise. Sometimes I could go an hour and not hear anything, other times I hear a pop every 30 seconds. There has to be sound playing for the...
Drivers and Hardware
Audio Popping issue
I am experiencing an issue with audio popping after fresh installing to windows 10 from windows 7. I mostly notice this issue on internet videos such as html5 or flash and communication software like skype; so far I have not noticed any issue...
Drivers and Hardware
Cant install Windows 10 after preload (error code 80240020)
I did a preload of the Win10 files on three PCs (via cmd prompt and do a "wuauclt /updatenow". It ran through to 100% and afterwards went into "Preparing ...": 26417 But it broke after a long time with something like couldnt install at...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums