1.    31 May 2016 #1
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Computer hijacked by strange priority OWNER_RIGHTS accounts


    I bought a new Dell Inspiron 15-3552 laptop Win10-64 bit (home) for portable word processing. After Dell shipped it to the wrong address - it arrived defalted to the Dvorak keyboard,of which, the COX wireless installation tech declared a faulty keyboard and "SEND IT BACK". Now - while I'm the sole 'visable' user/administrater - it has come to light that others have priority OWNERS RIGHTS over me, and I've been locked out of pretty much everything including including the CD/DVD, my printer, wmhich they play with, C:\ drive including Start menu, files on my USB drives,new devices keep appearing, and I'm denied access to all settings. I'm writing this on NotePad so please forgive the spelling.. ???
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    31 May 2016 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,931
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin J View Post
    I bought a new Dell Inspiron 15-3552 laptop Win10-64 bit (home) for portable word processing. After Dell shipped it to the wrong address - it arrived defalted to the Dvorak keyboard,of which, the COX wireless installation tech declared a faulty keyboard and "SEND IT BACK". Now - while I'm the sole 'visable' user/administrater - it has come to light that others have priority OWNERS RIGHTS over me, and I've been locked out of pretty much everything including including the CD/DVD, my printer, wmhich they play with, C:\ drive including Start menu, files on my USB drives,new devices keep appearing, and I'm denied access to all settings. I'm writing this on NotePad so please forgive the spelling.. ???
    Hi Franklin and welcome to Tenforums.
    How long have you had this system? Are you infected? What do you mean when you say "the CD/DVD, my printer, which they play with"? Do any other user accounts show on the system? Is your data backed up?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 May 2016 #3
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,368
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.19

    Restore the laptop to factory new state. There should be a link out of one of the Start Menu entries or a Fn key you can press at boot time to start this process.

    Make sure any data is backed up first as simrick mentioned.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    31 May 2016 #4
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    Restore the laptop to factory new state. There should be a link out of one of the Start Menu entries or a Fn key you can press at boot time to start this process.

    Make sure any data is backed up first as simrick mentioned.

    ________________________________________
    Well thanks for your response , however, I'm not allowed to open the start menu from drive C:\ or fromthe taskbar icon-- ie no permisssion .... I'm examoning the various boot options.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    31 May 2016 #5
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,931
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin J View Post
    ________________________________________
    Well thanks for your response , however, I'm not allowed to open the start menu from drive C:\ or fromthe taskbar icon-- ie no permisssion .... I'm examoning the various boot options.
    Please make sure your data is backed up. Then watch this video on how to reset your laptop back to factory condition:
    How to â•‘ Restore Reset a Dell Inspiron 15 Touch to Factory Settings â•‘ Windows 10 - YouTube

    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    31 May 2016 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Contact Dell for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) as the Cox installer suggested.

    That's what warranties are for - not to mention there's customer satisfaction in play.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Strange phantom user accounts after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10
I have a strange problem with a PC that I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10. This is the third PC in my family that I have done the upgrade but the only one to exhibit this problem. The system has 5 registered user accounts, but on the...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Computer crashing in strange way but only sometimes?
OK, so about a month ago i brought dark souls 3 and around 5 minutes into playing the game, my monitor displayed the "No connection found screen" and my headset cut off all my sound. I was on discord at the time and the people in the call said i...
Gaming
Strange problem getting to 1 computer on the network, but not the othr
There are 3 computers on the network: computer names: Wired - Main, and Tower Wireless - ASUS So Main can communicate to the other two. Tower can communicate to the other two. ASUS can only communicate to Main, but not Tower. The...
Network and Sharing
Strange problem after booting computer
Ok so i have been running Windows 10 for a while now and after a few teething problems that were soon sorted out, i have found it to ok and i quite like it Last night when i turned the computer off it was running fine, but this morning on booting...
General Support
Solved Someone please help! Sister's computer is acting very strange!
My sister's computer is acting very strange. Programs keep crashing. Also, when she right clicks on something, it sits and loads and doesn't do anything like it's not responding. Please help!
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums