Windows 10: Why isnt there a "Lock" option? Solved

  1.    25 May 2016 #1

    Why isnt there a "Lock" option?


    When I set my computer to sleep and then wake it up, it doesn't ask for my password that I used when I turned my computer on. Is there a way to make it ask for the password when you wake it from sleep?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 374
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64
       25 May 2016 #2
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5,074
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       25 May 2016 #3

    BRKING said: View Post
    When I set my computer to sleep and then wake it up, it doesn't ask for my password that I used when I turned my computer on. Is there a way to make it ask for the password when you wake it from sleep?
    In the search box next to the Start button > type power options > Enter
    Left side, click Require a password on wake-up > click at " Change settings that are currently unavailable " > scroll down to Password protection upon wake up > put a dot ( click at ) the "Require a password"
    > click Save changes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power options ..... wakup.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	81626
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    25 May 2016 #4

    davidhk said: View Post
    In the search box next to the Start button > type power options > Enter
    Left side, click Require a password on wake-up > click at " Change settings that are currently unavailable " > scroll down to Password protection upon wake up > put a dot ( click at ) the "Require a password"
    > click Save changes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power options ..... wakup.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	81626
    so I'll need a password to turn in my computer and then a separate to wake it from sleep? Can't it be the same password?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    25 May 2016 #5

    thanks. I'll check those out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 5,074
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       25 May 2016 #6

    BRKING said: View Post
    so I'll need a password to turn in my computer and then a separate to wake it from sleep? Can't it be the same password?
    Same password you use to sign in.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 5,074
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       26 May 2016 #7

    To : BRKING

    8 hours has passed and you are now online.
    Does any of the suggestions work ?
    For the benefit of others who may have the same question, please post a follow-up.
    Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    27 May 2016 #8

    davidhk said: View Post
    In the search box next to the Start button > type power options > Enter
    Left side, click Require a password on wake-up > click at " Change settings that are currently unavailable " > scroll down to Password protection upon wake up > put a dot ( click at ) the "Require a password"
    > click Save changes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power options ..... wakup.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	81626
    worked perfectly. Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 5,074
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       27 May 2016 #9

    BRKING said: View Post
    worked perfectly. Thanks!
    Nice to hear that.
    You are welcome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    I added an existing .VHD (XP SP3 guest OS, which I originally created in Virtual PC 2007 running on an XP SP3 host OS) to Hyper-V via the Hyper-V Manager. It worked fine, except, I have no "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option in the...
    Solved Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting...
    When I click on a folder to share it, it gives me the usual homegroup options. However, there is another option now and I don't know what it is. It's a string of 20 numbers and letters. See the attached picture for reference. Thanks
    I updated every driver, and including Realtek to its "v7566" state. In the Sound properties, there is still no "enhancements" or any option for "sound fill". Inside the Realtek HD Audio Manager, there STILL isn't my "Enhancements/Sound Effects"...
    Just loaded Windows 10 on my third system . This is a mainstream corporate grade Dell Optiplex desktop. I got errors I have not seen on any previous Windows 10 install. Everything looked fairly normal until - while I was away with real life - I...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56.
    Find Us