Windows 10: No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro - what ever the latest Insider build is
       21 May 2016 #1

    No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar


    I have a clean install of build 14332

    No properties menu item when I right click the Taskbar. How can I get to the properties screen?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG1.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	81010

    This is the menu I am trying to get to (image from the web not my PC)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	81011
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       21 May 2016 #2

    Your second screenshot appears to be from an out-dated version.
    Care to post the link to that screenshot ?

    Your 1st screenshot is also what I get on my 14342.
    Right clicking at taskbar > then Settings > will lead you to this........................

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taskbar.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	81013
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro - what ever the latest Insider build is
    Thread Starter
       22 May 2016 #3

    davidhk said: View Post
    Your second screenshot appears to be from an out-dated version.
    Care to post the link to that screenshot ?

    Your 1st screenshot is also what I get on my 14342.
    Right clicking at taskbar > then Settings > will lead you to this........................
    Yes the first screen shot is what you find on the internet if you search for how to access the taskbar preferences. It was available in the past but seems to have been removed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       22 May 2016 #4

    No. the Second screenshot is the outdated one. There is no more "Use Start menu instead of Start screen" option for a very long time.

    The FIRST screenshot is what you get on Insider build 14342.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    22 May 2016 #5

    I'm running the latest consumer release and there is no Start Menu Tab under properties.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro
       20 Jul 2016 #6

    davidhk said: View Post
    No. the Second screenshot is the outdated one. There is no more "Use Start menu instead of Start screen" option for a very long time.

    The FIRST screenshot is what you get on Insider build 14342.
    I too, like vijer, would like to see a 'properties' option when I right-click on the Windows 10 taskbar. My issue is that there seems to be no way to remove icons in the 'show hidden icons' area (just above the up arrow on right side of taskbar). The 'settings' option doesn't provide any way to do this. If there is, I'd like explicit instructions on how.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    20 Jul 2016 #7

    tkrk said: View Post
    I too, like vijer, would like to see a 'properties' option when I right-click on the Windows 10 taskbar. My issue is that there seems to be no way to remove icons in the 'show hidden icons' area (just above the up arrow on right side of taskbar). The 'settings' option doesn't provide any way to do this. If there is, I'd like explicit instructions on how.
    Maybe this will help. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html It will clear out left over Icons from programs you've uninstalled.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro
       20 Jul 2016 #8

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Maybe this will help. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html It will clear out left over Icons from programs you've uninstalled.
    Thanks for the quick reply, alpanumeric, but the icons I'm trying to get rid of do NOT show up on the taskbar. The icons that I want to have control over are located in the pop-up area that appears when you click on the arrow that is called 'Show hidden icons'. The particular icon I want to remove references a program I still have installed and want.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    20 Jul 2016 #9

    tkrk said: View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, alpanumeric, but the icons I'm trying to get rid of do NOT show up on the taskbar. The icons that I want to have control over are located in the pop-up area that appears when you click on the arrow that is called 'Show hidden icons'. The particular icon I want to remove references a program I still have installed and want.
    Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Select which icons appear on the taskbar, or Turn system icons on or off, etc. Lots of option there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Jul 2016 #10

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Select which icons appear on the taskbar, or Turn system icons on or off, etc. Lots of option there.
    Again, none of the suggestions concerning the 'Settings' feature have anything to do with my issue; controlling which icons appear in the 'Show hidden icons' area.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Okay, I was following this tutorial ( How to customize the Start list in Windows 10 ) and noticed that I don't even have the, "Start Menu" tab. Is it supposed to be gone? If so. How am I supposed to customize the start list?
I tried everything to solve this problem but i can't fix it. 56804
Hi i notice that overtime, my star menu, search bar, and/or right click taskbar doesn't work unless i restart the computer or restart Windows Explorer in task manager. I have a feeling standing by my pc is causing this. Any1 know why this is...
How Change Taskbar Item Size? in General Support
How Change Taskbar Item Size? Such as photo: 44916
I'm not sure of the name of this, but when you right click on a program's 'listing' in the taskbar ('Chrome', or a 'This PC' of Explorer) you get a menu (Close window, pin to tastbar etc) - on W7 this was near instant. On W10 on the same machine it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:49.
Find Us