Windows 10: PC will not boot up after upgrading to Win 10 & going back to 7
PC will not boot up after upgrading to Win 10 & going back to 7
Hey guys I've been having this problem for a few days now and have no idea how to fix it T_T.
Anyways a couple of days ago my computer updated to Windows 10, I didn't like it and used the recovery option to go back to Windows 7. However it never made it as now it does not boot up at all. I am not the best with PCs, but this is what I have done so far:
- When I start my computer it does the black screen telling me to either start windows normally or do the systems repair. I've run the systems repair, but it does not find anything and the other options do not work as I do not have any restore points and so on because they were lost when I went to 10, and I literally went back to 7 in like 5 mins.
- When I do click start normally I get a blue screen which I will post below.
- Currently I am using the computer in Safe Mode which works, and it is worth noting in Safe Mode it is in Windows 7 so I presume it did downgrade but just does not load in normal mode.
- Yes I have checked the safe mode option, it is not on so it is not that.
- I tried reupgrading to Windows 10 (I do not care at this point I just want my PC to work), but that has not worked either as I cannot upgrade in Safe Mode.
- I ran a SFC SCANNOW thing, but it says it did not find anything wrong with the PC, same with the system recovery saying nothing.
- I spent 3 hours with a Microsoft technician who was not too helpful and basically said I need to wipe everything and do a back up by using a usb to store all my data. This is an option I would prefer to not do as it will take very long and I have to do it by copying and pasting in safe mode.
- My computer came with Windows 7 so I do not have a DVD to plop in and repair the damaged files. I have read somewhere this may be possible as a way to fix windows errors and cause no file loss, but I am unsure how to do it without the DVD and with safe mode not allowing updates.
- I also have reset the BIOS or something which had no effect.
- I have some pictures if that helps, but if there are some logs somewhere I can get that would assist someone in helping with my problem just tell me how to get it and I will try to post them.
- When I boot up
Thus if anyone has an idea how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it! I have been stuck for days and cannot solve it myself, or even really know how to do a back up with a USB. Please let me know if you need any extra information and I will try my best.
Thanks so much guys and keep up the work!
Possible that you have a damaged MBR(master boot record).
You could try this.
Fix the MBR Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
If this doesnt work, then bite the bullet and backup your win7 files, then
do a fresh install of windows 10.
Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums=Installation%20and%20Setup
Was super busy so I will try these tips out and let you guys know, thanks! I also wanted to know that in case these fail, is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 in safe mode? I thought of re-upgrading as a possible way to fix it but it won't let me in safe mode. But I've read there is a way to do it via command prompt or something? If there is way and anyone knows, I'd try it out as a possible fix as well.
Hello, once you have activated Win 10 on a given system, you can clean install it any time you like. It should automatically reactivate.
Clean installing means reinstalling all programs, dealing with settings, connected hardware drivers etc. of course, but tends to be more reliable.
Several weeks ago I upped to windows 10 on a dual boot system running windows 7 and XP. Win7 and XP are on different partitions. Over the last week, the XP would not boot unless it was directed to the last successful configuration. I attempted...
Its been more than a month that i have updated my Pc to windows 10, and i actually dont like it at all so i need to find a way to go back to windows 8.1 without losing data like Steam games and pictures and more.
My laptop has dual boot - Windows 7 and Windows 10. My Win7 environment is my main working environment with lots of programs installed and important files. I installed the Win10 environnment just to play around with 10 during the technical...
Hi, I'm wanting to upgrade to preview build 10130 again, my Windows Update has been set to be in the "fast" ring of updates for a while.
I had upgraded to 10130 previously but I ended up rolling back because programs using d3d9.dll (games) would...
For those who are thinking about upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, here's how I did it.
I upgraded WIn 7 to Win 10 and then I rolled it back to Win 7 again.
Warning: 16mins video from start to finish (you can fast forward at will). Total upgrade...