Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    07 May 2016 #21
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Well. Suggestions #2 and 3.
    well it was report number 1, should i try number 3 anyways?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 May 2016 #22
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,885
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by VenKazi View Post
    well it was report number 1, should i try number 3 anyways?
    Yes.
    After repair install is completed, please try to enable Cortana. That will simplify matter a lot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    07 May 2016 #23
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Yes.
    After repair install is completed, please try to enable Cortana. That will simplify matter a lot.
    two things.
    1: i havent read into it much but will repair install is done would i loose all my stuff i:e games, pictures etc
    2: are you sure there isnt something wrong with my windows services namely windows search? something i can do that will get the magnifying glass to work etc
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 May 2016 #24
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,885
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by VenKazi View Post
    two things.
    1: i havent read into it much but will repair install is done would i loose all my stuff i:e games, pictures etc
    2: are you sure there isnt something wrong with my windows services namely windows search? something i can do that will get the magnifying glass to work etc
    #1. Repair Install allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

    #2. I do not have answer for that.
    If you wish, please wait a bit. Someone might come along with an answer for that.

    Side note :
    This is just my speculation. I have no proof for that. None whatsoever.
    I have the feeling you have done one registry editing too many.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 May 2016 #25
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    #1. Repair Install allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

    #2. I do not have answer for that.
    If you wish, please wait a bit. Someone might come along with an answer for that.

    Side note :
    This is just my speculation. I have no proof for that. None whatsoever.
    I have the feeling you have done one registry editing too many.
    by registry editing what do you mean?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 May 2016 #26
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,885
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    If you ask this question, then my speculation is unfounded and completely wrong.
    I apologize. Please disregard.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 May 2016 #27
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    If you ask this question, then my speculation is unfounded and completely wrong.
    I apologize. Please disregard.
    not sure if insult on my intelligence or genuine mistake (its fine you helped me a bit anyhow)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 start menu search programs only
When you open the start menu, is there a way that when you start typing, it displays only programs installed starting with those letters? Or at least show more than just the top 3 options? In windows 8.1 you could have just your programs...
General Support
Solved Can't pin programs to Start menu anymore?
Win 10 64bit Build 10162 Not sure if I've done this in the course of hacking the registry but I can no longer pin anything to Start Menu by right clicking on an .exe in the File Explorer and choosing 'Pin to Start' from the context menu. I don't...
General Support
'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs
When pressing windows key and searching for programs, it finds almost all the ones I have installed except from the one I actually want to find, the app is Discord. I've tried modifying the indexing and making sure its added but to no avail, any...
General Support
Search doesn't search programs
Whenever I want to search for a specific program it doesn't show anything. For example if I search 'Steam' a program that exist in the OS, it will find nothing. I also noticed that it doesn't search files that aren't inside the OS drive. (A song...
General Support
Windows Search Doesn't Suck Anymore
Source: http://reviews.gizmodo.com/windows-search-doesnt-suck-anymore-1719865606
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums