Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    26 Mar 2015 #21
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,463
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Marron View Post
    Maybe I'm not doing this right ?
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    Correct, see:

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    26 Mar 2015 #22
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,463
    Windows 10 Professional

    I can't find a proper link for DISM right now;

    and I just noticed W10 'hosed' another hard drive on me!

    I gotta go find it! Film at 11!

    Maybe someone else can step in on this one.

    Back in a bit.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    26 Mar 2015 #23
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64

    sfc doesn't work in 9926 (it was fixed in 10041).

    I'd download the 10041 iso and upgrade (or clean install) if I was you - it is kinda pointless busting a gut trying to fix an old build

    Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO March Update - Microsof Windows
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    26 Mar 2015 #24
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I can't find a proper link for DISM right now;

    and I just noticed W10 'hosed' another hard drive on me!

    I gotta go find it! Film at 11!

    Maybe someone else can step in on this one.

    Back in a bit.
    It used to get stuck at 1%. After doing it a few times and restarting every time after that, now it gets stuck an 3%.
    But what's better, is that it works. Apparently, it's fixed, so I'll just go ahead and upgrade. Thanks man !

    PS: What do you mean by "'hosed' another hard drive" ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    26 Mar 2015 #25
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    sfc doesn't work in 9926 (it was fixed in 10041).

    I'd download the 10041 iso and upgrade (or clean install) if I was you - it is kinda pointless busting a gut trying to fix an old build

    Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO March Update - Microsof Windows
    Can't I just update with Windows Update ?
    Screenshot by Lightshot
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Mar 2015 #26
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64

    Sure. You can also make an ISO from the ESD it downloads later if you want it for some reason.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Mar 2015 #27
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,463
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Marron View Post
    What do you mean by "'hosed' another hard drive" ?
    Hard Drives disappearing left and right! I got it back!

    I'm with adamf , download the iso and do a clean install, you'll probably have less problems.

    Thanks for the assist adamf !
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    26 Mar 2015 #28
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Hard Drives disappearing left and right! I got it back!

    I'm with adamf , download the iso and do a clean install, you'll probably have less problems.

    Thanks for the assist adamf !
    Well I'm not really in the mood of re-installing all the drivers and programs I have again, so I'll go for the update. Also, I don't really mind problems as long as you guys don't mind helping me solve them.
    In fact, it's a Technical Preview. It's supposed to be buggy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    26 Mar 2015 #29
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,463
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Marron View Post
    Well I'm not really in the mood of re-installing all the drivers and programs I have again, so I'll go for the update. Also, I don't really mind problems as long as you guys don't mind helping me solve them.
    In fact, it's a Technical Preview. It's supposed to be buggy.
    Go for it, nuthin wrong with goin that route; it takes a while though, depending on your connection and PC's abilities.
    Be prepared to look at this 'hanging' for long periods of time:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xdxdxdxd.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	15453
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    26 Mar 2015 #30
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Go for it, nuthin wrong with goin that route; it takes a while though, depending on your connection and PC's abilities.
    Be prepared to look at this 'hanging' for long periods of time:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xdxdxdxd.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	15453
    I'll just let it go overnight. Or maybe just read a book in the mid time. Staring at loading screens is not one of my hobbies ...
    And doesn't it do the heavy downloading before actually starting ? It sure looks like it to me:
    Screenshot by Lightshot
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Build 10074 broke my system
My computer just updated to 10074 and I can get the start menu to come up at all no matter how many times I click on it. I had a problem with the task bar on the bottom being too big but now its the right size. It seems like every update something...
Windows Insider
Build 10122 Broke my 3 monitor setup
After upgrading to Build 10122 when I try to setup my Nvida PhysX for 3 monitors it zooms in like it is not recognizing the 5720x1200 resolution. Any ideas as to how to solve this? Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Latest update broke things after reboot.
So far, I cannot run a no sleep hard drive program, Task Manager, or Outlook. Oh joy as I look for other things that no longer work. And...it's now working again, all of it. I guess it had to ruminate and digest the update for a few hours. I did...
General Support
Threshold to Bring back Startmenu?
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/183445-windows-8-start-menu-resurrection-delayed-until-next-version-of-windows-in-2015
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums