Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    02 May 2016 #11
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 118
    Windows 10 Professional x64

    I suppose the EFS encryption certificate and associated private key are outside of the user context where you try to access the WindowsApps folder, otherwise the files would be transparently decrypted as you access them, hence the job may be to find this certificate+key pair.

    Running the certificate manager (MMC snap-in) as admin might help you find it, but I'm doubtful, otherwise it would have worked while you were trying as an admin. In the System user context, maybe... but all this post is just a wild guess.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 May 2016 #12
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 276
    Windows 10 Home

    I don't know if this will help your situation but when ever Windows tells me "You do not have permission" I have a Live Linux USB made for just such occasions. You can move, add, or delete files and folders with it. I like Linux Mint because it's very similar to Windows but any live distribution will do. It has saved me a lot of headaches.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 May 2016 #13
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 77
    Windows 10 Pro TH2
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by NovHak View Post
    I suppose the EFS encryption certificate and associated private key are outside of the user context where you try to access the WindowsApps folder, otherwise the files would be transparently decrypted as you access them, hence the job may be to find this certificate+key pair.

    Running the certificate manager (MMC snap-in) as admin might help you find it, but I'm doubtful, otherwise it would have worked while you were trying as an admin. In the System user context, maybe... but all this post is just a wild guess.
    Long procedure really tired to even try it and I am really sad right now I tried everything but still can't get overpass the permissions
    Fuc* U Microsoft
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustMe View Post
    I don't know if this will help your situation but when ever Windows tells me "You do not have permission" I have a Live Linux USB made for just such occasions. You can move, add, or delete files and folders with it. I like Linux Mint because it's very similar to Windows but any live distribution will do. It has saved me a lot of headaches.
    Thanxx but I already know that method and yup this method saved me a lot of time too but this time I really don't want to bypass the permission's with type of method
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 May 2016 #14
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 118
    Windows 10 Professional x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Droyk View Post
    Thanxx but I already know that method and yup this method saved me a lot of time too but this time I really don't want to bypass the permission's with type of method
    Plus it won't help you decrypt anything...

    I'm going to try and come back here, but I suppose you could run the command line tool as the System user by creating an interactive scheduled task.

    EDIT : Getting an interactive command line as the System user isn't as easy as it used to be in the past, with no additional tools it's a real pain eventually, but you can download the psexec utility from the sysinternals suite at live.sysinternals.com - / or Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources . You then have to type as an administrator : psexec -i -s cmd which should give you a much elevated command prompt.
    Last edited by NovHak; 03 May 2016 at 18:36.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 May 2016 #15
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 77
    Windows 10 Pro TH2
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by NovHak View Post
    Plus it won't help you decrypt anything...

    I'm going to try and come back here, but I suppose you could run the command line tool as the System user by creating an interactive scheduled task.
    I tried it but weirdly nothing happens ...no error no nothing.

    Nothing happens at all...Any clue
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    03 May 2016 #16
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 118
    Windows 10 Professional x64

    Heh, I just edited my previous post with a solution !

    I first tried a scheduled task too, something happens eventually, the command prompt starts but it's connected to the Services session and since Win 7 or 8 it's not possible any more to interact with this session (this can be changed via some registry editing though).

    I tried the old and deprecated at command too, but when I used the /interactive switch it told me that for security reasons the task won't be interactive.

    So as I told in my previous post, the psexec solution seems the best to me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Nov 2016 #17
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    I have had this issue were i accidentally moved a folder into the WindowsApps direcotry.
    SOLUTION:
    Reboot while holding down the shift key.
    Choose recovery options and enable safe mode.
    Reboot into safe mode
    You can now access the contents of the folder and cut and paste out of this folder.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Nov 2016 #18
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 118
    Windows 10 Professional x64

    Did you login as the Administrator user by any chance ? I mean the real user, not just a member of the Administrators group. Because I don't think there's anything else that would explain it works in safe mode.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?
I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions...
General Support
WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk
I have an SSD (This PC) for Windows, HDD (secondary disk) for files and whatnot. Running Windows 10 64-bit Home. I saw that you could move apps to another disk through Apps & features in Settings, so I decided to try it out. I moved an app to...
General Support
Solved Win 10 won't boot, if I disconnect secondary drive(s)
Evening chaps Bit of a problem. I have Windows 10 installed on my SSD primary drive. I also have a 4 TB RAID 10 array that I want to remove to reutilise the disks in my new NAS. However... If I remove the drives, windows won't boot. ...
Performance & Maintenance
BSOD machine_check_exception when attaching a secondary drive
Hi guys, I just built a new PC: MSI X99A Sli Plus PSU Cooler Master V550 5820K DDR4 32GB Nvidia Quadro K2200 Samsung SM951 256 GB M.2 boot drive
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
"Folder access denied" C:\Users\<truncated name>\One Drive
Unable to delete folder, unable to change permissions, and unable to get One Drive to read to Documents folder correctly. I have attempted five times and each time it fails. So I try to delete the One Drive folder so I can reboot and try again,...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums