Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    29 Apr 2016 #11
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Midwest
    Posts : 67
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter

    Just because I only need one language, and I figured it would save a lot of space and overhead
    And I'd never been given that option before.... so I figured why not?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Apr 2016 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Midwest
    Posts : 67
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter

    I'll d/l again standard and see what I get. It won't take long. I have fast internet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Apr 2016 #13
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 13,001
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    I'll d/l again standard and see what I get. It won't take long. I have fast internet.
    You don't want the single language, unless that's specifically what you have installed on your system. If you don't know, then you don't have it. Yes, please download the correct one. We'll compare.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Apr 2016 #14
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 13,001
    W10Prox64

    My Win10_1511_1_English_x64.iso from today:


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10-1511-1-x64-hashes.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	77367


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w10-1511-1-x64iso.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	77366


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w10-1511-1-x64iso-01.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	77368
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Apr 2016 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Midwest
    Posts : 67
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter

    It's not going to let me d/l again. I cleared browser cache and cookies.... Nope. It keeps defaulting to the same answers I entered before.
    I tried on my laptop. Same thing. I have Msft VLSC keys - software we got at work for free cuz we're a 501c company.
    So my laptop and desktop both have same 'special key'.
    Tech Bench says link is only good for 24 hours, so I guess since I jumped the gun, I'll have to wait and try again tomorrow morning after 9:30 central time.
    I hope it gives me a chance to answer the prompts tomorrow.
    I agree w/you. I wanna make sure I'm getting an updated version.
    I'll let u know how it goes tomorrow.
    Thanks for your help and patience - cuz mine is about gone after dealing with these issues on two computers!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Apr 2016 #16
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 13,001
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    It's not going to let me d/l again. I cleared browser cache and cookies.... Nope. It keeps defaulting to the same answers I entered before.
    I tried on my laptop. Same thing. I have Msft VLSC keys - software we got at work for free cuz we're a 501c company.
    So my laptop and desktop both have same 'special key'.
    Tech Bench says link is only good for 24 hours, so I guess since I jumped the gun, I'll have to wait and try again tomorrow morning after 9:30 central time.
    I hope it gives me a chance to answer the prompts tomorrow.
    I agree w/you. I wanna make sure I'm getting an updated version.
    I'll let u know how it goes tomorrow.
    Thanks for your help and patience - cuz mine is about gone after dealing with these issues on two computers!!
    Oh. Do you have the Enterprise Edition?
    Windows 10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VLSC.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Apr 2016 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Midwest
    Posts : 67
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter

    No I don't have the Enterprise edition. It was an option, but it's more of a hassle to upgrade when you're Enterprise.
    I probably wouldn't have gotten the free win 10 upgrade if I had enterprise. And Msft doesn't know what the hell they are doing with the program - unless you luck out and get a good support tech.

    I can log on to VLSC and snoop around. But we didn't get the Software Assurance plan with our software, and it limits a lot that you have access to. I know I saw the option for Insider Preview, but don't remember if we can actually get it.

    I'll check it out and let you know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Apr 2016 #18
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 13,001
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    No I don't have the Enterprise edition. It was an option, but it's more of a hassle to upgrade when you're Enterprise.
    I probably wouldn't have gotten the free win 10 upgrade if I had enterprise. And Msft doesn't know what the hell they are doing with the program - unless you luck out and get a good support tech.

    I can log on to VLSC and snoop around. But we didn't get the Software Assurance plan with our software, and it limits a lot that you have access to. I know I saw the option for Insider Preview, but don't remember if we can actually get it.

    I'll check it out and let you know.
    Okay. If you would, please run winver and post a screenshot so we make sure to get you the correct ISO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Apr 2016 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Midwest
    Posts : 67
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter

    Success! See attachment at end of post


    Just for grins I tried the d/l about 45 min ago on my laptop. It had new prompts so I started the d/l. I have been super busy so I haven't had a chance to go to VLSC and look at our options. But if I decide to try Insider preview, I'll do it on my Desktop. I'm on the laptop now.
    Anyway, download is very slow, and I usually get 60-63Mbps wireless d/l speed w laptop. It got thru the majority of d/l then failed. Damn.
    So I started over. I probably should have put a cable in laptop, but my wireless is really very reliable. And I'm working in the living room and too tired and lazy to go back in the office to hook it to the router with cable. wa
    What do you use for your imaging s/w? I have Paragon and Acronis. I've used both of them once each since going to Win 10 Pro.
    Before that I was using EASE US but wasn't really happy with it.


    On the VLSC situation. It let me access the Insider home page, I didn't even have to login cuz I had been all over the VLSC and Tech Net and MSDN subscription page. Tech Net shut down in Sep 2013, MSDN script - Our company didn't buy a subscription. When I saw that I was afraid it might prevent me from d/l any insider s/w.

    I have to call it for tonight so tomorrow I'll try to do insider d/l on desktop. Crossing fingers. I'll update you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compare ISO downloads 4-29-16 and Feb 2016.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	227.4 KB 
ID:	77445
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    30 Apr 2016 #20
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 13,001
    W10Prox64

    Morning!
    Real quick, as I will be AFK for several hours this morning:
    Imaging: Macrium Reflect Free; mage an image of the entire hard drive, and rescue media. Verify rescue media will boot the system before going further.
    How to create an image (not a clone):
    System Image - Create Hardware Independent System Image - Windows 10 Forums

    Now that you've got the correct ISO, and the image is complete (and verified), right-click the image, select "Mount", and run setup.exe form within the W10 OS. It will proceed same like an upgrade form W7/W8, and it will have an option to keep all apps and files, and also check the box to check for updates online.
    That's it.
    Oh, and you don't have to do an Insider version of W10 - the standard General Release is fine. But, the Insider release I am on, (14332) does not have an ISO available for d/l yet from MS - and my Insider release is a preview of what will come out at the 1yr anniversary in July - it's got some really nice features and modifications.

    Good luck. I have asked another member here to be available for you while I am gone: @essenbe. Please feel free to ask for his help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Start up menu and Taskbar problems
I have spent all day trying different cures for the Startup menu and task bar freeze problem to no avail. The problem does not exist in my user acct only in the wife's and she is getting upset. I did some how get it to stop locking out and forcing...
General Support
Taskbar Search and Start Menu Problems
I did the sfc scannow, the powershell app thing, I think I did the DSIM thing too. What can I do?
Performance & Maintenance
On restart, developed problems with search, start menu, and taskbar.
Alright, so, a few days ago I restarted my laptop, a couple weeks after upgrading to W10, and over the next hour i noticed three seemingly unrelated problems that all started at the same time. I first noticed that two of my pinned taskbar icons...
General Support
Problems with start button
Just taken delivery of a new HP Pavilion x2 detachable 10-n000na and having trouble at times powering up.The power button hardly protrudes from the case and sometimes when I press the button it fails to respond.Is there any sequence for start up...
General Support
Problems with Taskbar, Start menu, search and Graphics driver
Hey People i resently upgraded to windows 10 and so far i like the OS, but small things seems to bother me. First of all am I unable to right click my icons in the taskbar in order to get the menu of the given program to pop-up. Second thing...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums