Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Apr 2016 #1
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10

    Start menu White box tile


    I started having a problem (it used to display correctly, it just randomly changed without me doing anything) with the way opera web browser shows up in the start menu when it is pinned.
    It appears as just a white box without even a custom colour applied. Every other programs appears correctly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	74656

    What can I do? I already tried reinstalling the app as well as deleting the IconCache.db
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    13 Apr 2016 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Can anyone help with this please?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    13 Apr 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,563
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.98

    Quote Originally Posted by mm75 View Post
    Can anyone help with this please?
    See if this will help you
    Icon Cache - Rebuild in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    13 Apr 2016 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,889
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by mm75 View Post
    I started having a problem (it used to display correctly, it just randomly changed without me doing anything) with the way opera web browser shows up in the start menu when it is pinned.
    It appears as just a white box without even a custom colour applied. Every other programs appears correctly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	74656

    What can I do? I already tried reinstalling the app as well as deleting the IconCache.db
    Try a different browser instead of Opera.
    Make the new browser as default > then reboot.

    See if that helps at all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    13 Apr 2016 #5
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    Isnt that the same as deleting the IconCache.db?

    I still tried it, it didnt help
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    13 Apr 2016 #6
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Try a different browser instead of Opera.
    Make the new browser as default > then reboot.

    See if that helps at all.
    Didn't change anything... still blank for some reason
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    13 Apr 2016 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,889
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    ..............I started having a problem .........................

    How long ago since that problem appears ?
    If not too long ago, try doing a system restore.
    Pick a date when you did NOT have this issue as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    13 Apr 2016 #8
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    ..............I started having a problem .........................

    How long ago since that problem appears ?
    If not too long ago, try doing a system restore.
    Pick a date when you did NOT have this issue as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

    As much I would like to, I didnt have access to my computer since February and the problem started a few days before then. there are no system restore points from back then for some reason
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    13 Apr 2016 #9
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,889
    windows 10 Home threshold2
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    14 Apr 2016 #10
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    will I have to reinstall all my programs after it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Start Menu Tile Troubles
Hi, Does anyone know how to make my Origin Tile show as the default colour, as I've not touched anything and it's gone black since I updated Windows 10. See Screenshot. 65912 Thanks
Customization
White paper icons in start menu apps
In my windows 10 start menu all my installed programs give a white paper (with curled right corner) icon. There are a few that give the original icon but most of them do not. I tried a new clean install but that didn't help. I also tried: -SFC...
General Support
Why is it that some apps cannot have a big start menu tile?
Why is it that some programs (like Edge, which I don't use), can have a bigger tile, on the start menu, and others (like Firefox, which I use) don't? thnx
Customization
start menu tile colors
I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks
Customization
Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile
Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking a tile of Windows 7 Games. I installed the Windows 7 Games on a Windows 10 machine. It works on the main (admin) account. It, however, has this glitch on a non-admin account, when opening one of...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:46.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums