Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

  1. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       15 Apr 2016 #31

    Thanks for that.
    This is what I would uninstall:

    Dell System Detect
    Get Office
    Get Skype
    ALL versions of Java - these are old, and security risks. Then go to the site and get the latest version.

    Other than the Canon MFP, everything else looks okay.

    I see you have WhoCrashed on there. Would you please run it and post the results?

    FYI: I have to perform surgery on my system now, and will be offline for a few hours.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 112
    win 10 home
       15 Apr 2016 #32

    Open or keyhole (common for laparoscopic)?
    Last edited by chipwood; 15 Apr 2016 at 13:53.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 112
    win 10 home
       15 Apr 2016 #33

    Whicrashed
    Code:
    System Information (local)
    Computer name: GORDON-PC Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586 Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: Inspiron 560 , Dell Inc., 0K83V0 CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz Intel586, level: 6 2 logical processors, active mask: 3 RAM: 4293898240 bytes total
    Crash Dump Analysis

    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer
    Conclusion

    Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. In case you are experiencing system crashes, it may be that crash dumps are prevented from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.
    I've enabled full dumps

    Java I have uninstalled, but am unsure about installing it on my Chrome browser. neither Google or Java make it very clear. AFAIAC Google and its forums have that as a common fault.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       15 Apr 2016 #34

    chipwood said: View Post
    Open or keyhole (common for laparoscopic)?
    This procedure was a keyhole (and successful!). Later tonight will be splitting the ribs wide open and pulling out the guts.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       15 Apr 2016 #35

    chipwood said: View Post
    Whicrashed
    Code:
    System Information (local)
    Computer name: GORDON-PC Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586 Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: Inspiron 560 , Dell Inc., 0K83V0 CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz Intel586, level: 6 2 logical processors, active mask: 3 RAM: 4293898240 bytes total
    Crash Dump Analysis

    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer
    Conclusion

    Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. In case you are experiencing system crashes, it may be that crash dumps are prevented from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.
    I've enabled full dumps

    Java I have uninstalled, but am unsure about installing it on my Chrome browser. neither Google or Java make it very clear. AFAIAC Google and its forums have that as a common fault.
    Yes, I suspected we wouldn't find anything there; just wanted to be sure.

    Java in Chrome - no longer supported. Should you find you have need for it in the future, Use Edge, or install Mozilla Firefox, and install Java in that browser. Just be sure to keep Java updated, as older versions are constantly being exploited.

    How are we doing now? Any more unexpected shutdowns?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 112
    win 10 home
       15 Apr 2016 #36

    Since this afternoon "no", but who can tell with wretched things like irregular shutdowns?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       15 Apr 2016 #37

    chipwood said: View Post
    Since this afternoon "no", but who can tell with wretched things like irregular shutdowns?
    We'll cross our fingers. If it continues, the next thing to do is uninstall the printer/drivers, then reinstall it in compatibility mode.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       15 Apr 2016 #38

    chipwood said: View Post
    Whicrashed
    Code:
    System Information (local)
    Computer name: GORDON-PC Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586 Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: Inspiron 560 , Dell Inc., 0K83V0 CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz Intel586, level: 6 2 logical processors, active mask: 3 RAM: 4293898240 bytes total
    Crash Dump Analysis

    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer
    Conclusion

    Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. In case you are experiencing system crashes, it may be that crash dumps are prevented from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.
    I've enabled full dumps

    Java I have uninstalled, but am unsure about installing it on my Chrome browser. neither Google or Java make it very clear. AFAIAC Google and its forums have that as a common fault.
    Speaking of dump files:

    Please go back and change that to Small memory dumps, in the directory C:\Windows\Minidump

    If the folder doesn't exist, please create it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minidump.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	74981



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minidump01.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	74982


    This is what WhoCrashed is looking for, which is perhaps why it found nothing. Might want to run it again after making the change, if you have another unexpected shutdown.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Unexpected Restart
While I was playing ZDoom 2.7.1, my computer sometimes restarts unexpectedly (Event 41 Kernel-Power): - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
General Support
Unexpected Restarts but no BSOD
Over the past 2 days I have experienced 4 (2 each day) shut downs and reboots. All while the PC has been idle for sometime while I'm working on another PC in the same room. Event log screen is attached but the bug check tab has no values. The...
Performance & Maintenance
Help with Unexpected Shutdown
Hi, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell 7720). While running Fallout 4, I encountered sudden power-off for my system. The power button did not turn back on for a couple of minutes and the bottom of the laptop was quite...
General Support
unexpected email
A friend of mine asked me the other day whether I had sent him an email , it looked suspicious and he didn't open it. I havn't sent him any emails for months, anyone have any theories?
Browsers and Email
Solved That was unexpected
Went out to lunch, came home, message that I needed to change my password, did so, new build of Windows 10 had installed itself, completely blew away my iTunes library and my Dropbox synched library, won't install Dropbox, my toolbar has been...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums