Windows 10: Downloading home made DVD to copy again

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    08 Apr 2016 #21

    DeaconFrost said: View Post
    What software are you using to burn the DVDs? Windows itself won't do this, as far as I know.

    Maybe the problem is you don't have any burning software installed. If that's the case, get BurnAware, ImgBurn, CDBurnXP, Ashampoo Burning Studio....all are free so any one of them would work very well and give you the copy option.

    I think that's going to resolve your issue.

    I think you hit the nail on the head!! I'm guessing I didn't having the proper software.......I just assumed you could pop in a DVD, copy it to your hard drive and then copy it to another DVD. As I said......not a tech savvy person, but your suggestions have all been very helpful......thank you! I've burned a view disks, so I'm going to try them on our player and see what happened. 3 down.......27 more to go!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    08 Apr 2016 #22

    DeaconFrost said: View Post
    What software are you using to burn the DVDs? Windows itself won't do this, as far as I know.

    Maybe the problem is you don't have any burning software installed. If that's the case, get BurnAware, ImgBurn, CDBurnXP, Ashampoo Burning Studio....all are free so any one of them would work very well and give you the copy option.

    I think that's going to resolve your issue.
    ImgBurn is a great free burning program. I use it every time I need to burn something to a DVD.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. Arc's Avatar
    Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       08 Apr 2016 #23

    Winuser said: View Post
    ImgBurn is a great free burning program. I use it every time I need to burn something to a DVD.
    You may want to have a look here: Discuss : OpenCandy in ImgBurn
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    08 Apr 2016 #24

    F8watcher,

    Have you considered converting the DVDs to AVI or MPG movie files and saving them all on one USB hard drive with a backup? I've seen a lot more DVDs go bad than hard drives with backups. Heck, you could probably even fit all 30 DVDs on one 128GB USB memory stick.

    MagicDVD is a great program for converting DVD to AVI, MPG and just about any other video file format, but it will only do 5 for free:
    Magic DVD Ripper - rip DVD to hard drive or blank DVD

    There are plenty of other free programs you could use as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    08 Apr 2016 #25

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    F8watcher,

    Have you considered converting the DVDs to AVI or MPG movie files and saving them all on one USB hard drive with a backup? I've seen a lot more DVDs go bad than hard drives with backups. Heck, you could probably even fit all 30 DVDs on one 128GB USB memory stick.

    MagicDVD is a great program for converting DVD to AVI, MPG and just about any other video file format, but it will only do 5 for free:
    Magic DVD Ripper - rip DVD to hard drive or blank DVD

    There are plenty of other free programs you could use as well.
    There is a reason you are a 'Pro' member and I'm a 'Junior' member �� I'll leave that up to my daughter if she so chooses.......thanks for the suggestion!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.   My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    08 Apr 2016 #27

    Arc said: View Post
    You may want to have a look here: Discuss : OpenCandy in ImgBurn
    Yeah, The newest version includes bundleware. It's much safer to use the older version than the newer version.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    08 Apr 2016 #28

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    F8watcher,

    Have you considered converting the DVDs to AVI or MPG movie files and saving them all on one USB hard drive with a backup? I've seen a lot more DVDs go bad than hard drives with backups. Heck, you could probably even fit all 30 DVDs on one 128GB USB memory stick.

    MagicDVD is a great program for converting DVD to AVI, MPG and just about any other video file format, but it will only do 5 for free:
    Magic DVD Ripper - rip DVD to hard drive or blank DVD

    There are plenty of other free programs you could use as well.
    It is darn near impossible to find quality media anymore. Most of the media you find in the stores are cheap grade media. I second the suggestion to save them on a USB HDD.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    08 Apr 2016 #29

    I've used Free Studio before, seems to be pretty good for free:
    http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 10,063
    Windows 10 Pro
       08 Apr 2016 #30

    Winuser said: View Post
    Yeah, The newest version includes bundleware. It's much safer to use the older version than the newer version.
    Once again I remind you guys about PowerShell OneGet, a built-in tool in Windows 10. Using OneGet you can install all your software with one command, totally automatically and silently in the background, without any PUPs, without any "Click Next, Click Install", without any "Would you also like to install this and that software". By default the latest version of all applications, but if an older version is needed you can select from all available versions.

    I just installed ImgBurn with OneGet in 10 seconds with this simple command:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_04_08_23_52_561.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	73858

    PowerShell OneGet - Install Apps from Command Line - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
can someone help me sort this? I have a bunch of devices on my lan, some by ethernet some wireless. One Windows 10 Pro desktop, on ethernet, serves all the other devices - at least in theory. Working well, no big issues. But with my Windows 10...
Block Windows Update downloading on WIn 10 Home? in Windows Updates and Activation
I can't have my notebook (upgraded from Win 7 Home) using bandwidth to download from Windows Update when I'm away from home. It seems I must either (a) mark every wifi connection as metered, or (b) mark the startup setting for the WAU service as...
Title. Screenie attached - the progress doesn't advance at all over any length of time. 30442 How do I force updates?
I Made it in Chillout Room
took 4 tries but I finally got in robin
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums