1.    04 Apr 2016 #1
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10

    No properties on right click


    Windows 10
    My windows desktop has become strange.
    right clicking on my taskbar do not show properties.
    Any window opens maximized without the option to restore or minimize.
    Menu button missing on the taskbar but exists as an icon on the desktop.
    The leftmost icon on the taskbar is the windows icon
    all regular desktop icons missing.
    All application square (if that the proper name) appear permanently on the desktop.
    Desktop background Is dull.
    It all happened after I tried setting the chrome browser which was installed a long time ago
    I hope the screen capture which I tried to attach is shown.

    Thanks
    Ilan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strange win 10.jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    04 Apr 2016 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Important notice


    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan10 View Post
    Windows 10
    My windows desktop has become strange.
    right clicking on my taskbar do not show properties.
    Any window opens maximized without the option to restore or minimize.
    Menu button missing on the taskbar but exists as an icon on the desktop.
    The leftmost icon on the taskbar is the windows icon
    all regular desktop icons missing.
    All application square (if that the proper name) appear permanently on the desktop.
    Desktop background Is dull.
    It all happened after I tried setting the chrome browser which was installed a long time ago
    I hope the screen capture which I tried to attach is shown.

    Thanks
    Ilan
    I finally found the solution and it's quite confusing:
    "Sounds like you are in TABLET mode (new feature of Win10). Right click your Notification icon in lower right try & Open Action Center. Then click (turn off) the TABLET MODE. That should do it. "

    I probably pressed the table mode inadvertently when the notification popped up, and failed to notice it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    04 Apr 2016 #3
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Yes, you've found the solution............... you had Tablet Mode tuned on.
    Good hunting. Deserve a rep.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

    Please mark your thread as Solved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    05 Apr 2016 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    marrk solved


    Thanks for the praise.
    It took me about 4 hours to phrase the proper question on google.
    I would be glad to mark "solved" but I only see a green button "unsolved".
    Ilan
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    05 Apr 2016 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan10 View Post
    Thanks for the praise.
    It took me about 4 hours to phrase the proper question on google.
    I would be glad to mark "solved" but I only see a green button "unsolved".
    Ilan
    Oh. I did not notice that.
    The thread has already been marked Solved represented by the green checkmark,
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    21 May 2016 #6
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro - what ever the latest Insider build is

    I have the same problem, when I right click the taskbar there isn't a properties menu item. I have confirmed that my PC is not in tablet mode. Any other solutions?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    21 May 2016 #7
    Join Date : May 2016
    Rio Grande do Sul
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Try to update u video driver.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Nov 2016 #8
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by vijer View Post
    I have the same problem, when I right click the taskbar there isn't a properties menu item. I have confirmed that my PC is not in tablet mode. Any other solutions?
    It's now called 'Settings', not 'Properties'
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
General Tips Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10
How to Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 You can set Windows to open an item when you single-click/tap or double-click/tap on it. The single-click option allows you to open items (ex: files and folders) with a single...
Tutorials
How do I get to The Edge Properties?
I used to use Windows 7 and I could just right click on my internet explorer (or any browser for that matter) and then I could select properties. If I do that in Windows 10 all I see is "unpin from Taskbar". How can I get to the properties? ...
Browsers and Email
what is system 32 properties
So what does this do on windows 10 ? and is it needed ?:sarc:
General Support
No results when I click properties
When I right click and then click Properties, the box just goes away and nothing comes up. I have a .chm file that won't open in Win10, Research shows I should click unblock in properties to get it to work. I can't get to properties to do this. I am...
General Support
VPN TCP/IP 4 properties
unable to select the TCP/IP 4 properties on the vpn connection. I am able to select the network properties tab, however when I try to select the properties button for the tcp 4 properties nothing happens. I need to be able to change the dns option...
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums