Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    12 Mar 2015 #11
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,693
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    I'm not sure since I don't have those, but you could search you C: drive for *.jpg to see if they show up in the search results. If they do, then right click on one, and click on "Open file location" to have it take you to them.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    12 Mar 2015 #12
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    I'm not sure since I don't have those, but you could search you C: drive for *.jpg to see if they show up in the search results. If they do, then right click on one, and click on "Open file location" to have it take you to them.
    Nope. I couldn't find them.
    PS: I switched from 'Windwos Default' to 'Slideshot' and then back to 'Windows Default' and I got a different picture:
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    I don't get a different picture if I repet the process now though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 Mar 2015 #13
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,470
    Windows 10 Professional

    @ Marron :
    They should be located at:

    C:\Users\{your moniker}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ContentDeliveryManager_xxxxxx....\LocalState\Assets

    (the xxxx..... will be random numbers/letters in the folder name.)
    they will look like blank paper icons because they don't have a file extension, just right click them and choose 'Open with' and choose Windows Photo Viewer.
    You could also Copy and Paste them into your Pictures folder then rename them with a .jpg extension.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    12 Mar 2015 #14
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,693
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by Marron View Post
    Nope. I couldn't find them.
    PS: I switched from 'Windwos Default' to 'Slideshot' and then back to 'Windows Default' and I got a different picture:
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    I don't get a different picture if I repet the process now though.
    The images used for "Windows Default" option are in the C:\Windows\Web\Screen folder for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    They should be located at:

    C:\Users\{your moniker}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ContentDeliveryManager_xxxxxx....\LocalState\Assets

    (the xxxx..... will be random numbers/letters in the folder name.)
    they will look like blank paper icons because they don't have a file extension, just right click them and choose 'Open with' and choose Windows Photo Viewer.
    You could also Copy and Paste them into your Pictures folder then rename them with a .jpg extension.
    That location is empty for me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    12 Mar 2015 #15
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    From your first post: "PS: I'm talking about the desktop background pictures and the lock screen pictures" I showed you how to find where your background pictures where located. A program or something must have changed your default locations. You could try searching by file extensions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Mar 2015 #16
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Try searching for .bmp, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif, .png .tif and .tiff and see if you can locate them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Mar 2015 #17
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    @ Marron :
    They should be located at:

    C:\Users\{your moniker}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ContentDeliveryManager_xxxxxx....\LocalState\Assets

    (the xxxx..... will be random numbers/letters in the folder name.)
    they will look like blank paper icons because they don't have a file extension, just right click them and choose 'Open with' and choose Windows Photo Viewer.
    You could also Copy and Paste them into your Pictures folder then rename them with a .jpg extension.
    That's it man ! There they are ! Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Mar 2015 #18
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,470
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    That location is empty for me.
    That's odd, I have 8 items there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000046.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	14255

    ... with extensions,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000047.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	743.8 KB 
ID:	14256
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    12 Mar 2015 #19
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    The images used for "Windows Default" option are in the C:\Windows\Web\Screen folder for me.



    That location is empty for me.
    C:\Windows\Web\Screen seems to be for the 'Picture' option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    12 Mar 2015 #20
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    That's odd, I have 8 items there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000046.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	14255

    ... with extensions,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000047.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	743.8 KB 
ID:	14256
    It seems to vary. I have 16 items there:
    Screenshot by Lightshot
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations
I changed the location the of my Pictures folder from the default C:\users\myname\Pictures to D:\onedrive\pictures, Worked great until I decided to use new Google Photo on Google Drive. Using File Explorer, I moved all photos from D:\one...
General Support
When plugging iphone in to import pictures. Difference from Windows 8
In Windows 8, I would plug my phone in and it would display all the pictures on the phone and highlight the new ones. I would then click IMPORT. Boom. Done. With Windows 10 it doesnt seem as straight forward. I plug my phone in and sometimes...
Software and Apps
Great Pictures
Most of these are B&W pictures that have been computer colorized. http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=d6d9d5385aee A Guy
Chillout Room
Here's what Windows 9 could look like, in pictures
Source A Guy
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums