1.    26 Mar 2016 #1

    Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?


    Seems like only folders can be added to Quick Access but I'd like to pin a handful of files (Word docs) which I access frequently. Is there a way to do it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       26 Mar 2016 #2

    I am not suer about Quick Access. But you could use toolbars which comes out to the same.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...s-7-vista.html
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,472
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       26 Mar 2016 #3

    Hello Orlando,

    If you like, you could add a folder to Quick Access, then save your files to that folder to access them from the folder.

    Quick access - Pin or Unpin Locations in Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    26 Mar 2016 #4

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Orlando,

    If you like, you could add a folder to Quick Access, then save your files to that folder to access them from the folder.

    Quick access - Pin or Unpin Locations in Windows 10
    Thanks Brink.... but because these 4 files live in different locations on my system and will continuously evolve, I prefer to keep them in their current location. I think I'll send shortcuts to them from the desktop....that is, until Microsoft gives us the ability to add files to Quick Access. I'm a bit surprised why that functionality is not currently available!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,472
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       26 Mar 2016 #5

    Quick access is more for recent files and favorite locations (folders) instead.

    Shortcuts in Quick Launch on the taskbar may be an option if you like.

    Quick Launch toolbar - Add or Remove in Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    27 Mar 2016 #6

    Easily. Context Menu (right-click), add whatever to quick access
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    27 Mar 2016 #7

    Brink said: View Post
    Quick access is more for recent files and favorite locations (folders) instead.

    Shortcuts in Quick Launch on the taskbar may be an option if you like.

    Quick Launch toolbar - Add or Remove in Windows 10
    OK I think this is the best solution at the moment for FILES to have some sort of quick access. Otherwise I will create PDFs and put them in Evernote.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 3,695
    Windows X (various flavours)
       27 Mar 2016 #8

    orlando1974 said: View Post
    Seems like only folders can be added to Quick Access but I'd like to pin a handful of files (Word docs) which I access frequently. Is there a way to do it?
    You could pin them to context menu of Word. First you have to pin Word to taskbar, then you can manage the pinned files..
    But have no idea about Quick Access - you can have a list of recent files there. So if you clean this list and after that start your files, they will be there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016_03_27_12_25_421.png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    27 Mar 2016 #9

    AndreTen said: View Post
    You could pin them to context menu of Word. First you have to pin Word to taskbar, then you can manage the pinned files..
    But have no idea about Quick Access - you can have a list of recent files there. So if you clean this list and after that start your files, they will be there.
    Thanks for this other option about pinning them to context menu of Word. I had not thought about this.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 3,695
    Windows X (various flavours)
       27 Mar 2016 #10

    orlando1974 said: View Post
    Thanks for this other option about pinning them to context menu of Word. I had not thought about this.
    You're welcome! This is how I do it. After the project is done, start with the new one.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Win 10 Quick Access mixes frequent folders and recent files
Hello, I've learned to like the "Quick Access" feature of Win 10. Recently it has shown a strange trait. That is, instead of listing my "frequent folders" in a list in a pane at the top of the window and "recent files" in a pane at the bottom at...
General Support
Quick access - Add or Remove Recent files in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove Recent files from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've been working on and folders you often use. These...
Tutorials
Quick Access help
I can't link a shortcut of my user folder to Quick Access. It only links the direct folder which has a silly name (created by the first five letters of my email address), and it's just so stupid to look at. I want Quick Access to refer to the...
General Support
Pin exe to Quick Access or Second Task Bar ?
Hi I have dual screens and have two task bars. I have an exe I'd like to pin to either Quick Access or my second task bar, but I can't find anyway to do either. Any way to do this ? Thanks
General Support
Solved Quick access folders
Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums