Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    14 Mar 2016 #11
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,334
    Mac OS Sierra

    I never misunderstood anything. A clean system means that it is free of malware, not by your definition.

    Once again, a background process is hanging up the system, when it goes into shutdown. It could be a task, it could be something that is running that you thought that you closed, but there is a cosing problem.

    You are going to have to go through and diagnose to find out what the exact process is that is causing this. None of us have any way to tell you, because not every system with this kind of problem, is going to be the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Mar 2016 #12
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    I never misunderstood anything. A clean system means that it is free of malware, not by your definition.

    Once again, a background process is hanging up the system, when it goes into shutdown. It could be a task, it could be something that is running that you thought that you closed, but there is a cosing problem.

    You are going to have to go through and diagnose to find out what the exact process is that is causing this. None of us have any way to tell you, because not every system with this kind of problem, is going to be the same.
    Yes thank you for pointing out the obvious. Attempting to shut down via safemode, yields the same results. So it's most likely a system related process, or setting somewhere. Yes I'm very aware this requires further diagnosing. Your insight is invaluable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Mar 2016 #13
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 11,110
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Hi, limits the possibilities that it's happening in Safe Mode, but note that sometimes there may still be some drivers or services running related to more specialised installed programs, despite it being Safe Mode.

    Not that that's necessarily what's responsible.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Mar 2016 #14
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,334
    Mac OS Sierra

    Again you are wasting time by making more excuses for you to figure this problem out. Regardless if it is happening anytime the computer is shut down. You yourself are going to have to take the time to diagnose and figure it out. Because not all two computers that have this problem, would be caused by the same issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    14 Mar 2016 #15
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    Because not all two computers that have this problem, would be caused by the same issue.
    LOL Again pointing out the obvious. Move onto another topic, you're of no help whatsoever.

    Excellent grammar btw
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Mar 2016 #16
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    I've been having the same problem with my Z77 Gene V @DaveImagery. Hope you manage to work out what's going on, and if so, let me know please!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Mar 2016 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 60
    Windows 10 x64

    I had this same problem and found the solution for my laptop ASUS.

    I installed the driver ATKPackage for Windows 10 from ASUS web site for my laptop model and now everything works fine.

    Sleeps and shuts down fine. At least by now.

    Asus owners give this a try. For other brands I don't know if you have this ATKPackage thing, but check it out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    18 Mar 2016 #18
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by kmint View Post
    I had this same problem and found the solution for my laptop ASUS.

    I installed the driver ATKPackage for Windows 10 from ASUS web site for my laptop model and now everything works fine.

    Sleeps and shuts down fine. At least by now.

    Asus owners give this a try. For other brands I don't know if you have this ATKPackage thing, but check it out.
    Not really sure what some random driver for a laptop has to do with our problem. Unless your laptop has a GeneV Z77 motherboard in it, which I dare say seems unlikely.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    18 Mar 2016 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 60
    Windows 10 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    Not really sure what some random driver for a laptop has to do with our problem. Unless your laptop has a GeneV Z77 motherboard in it, which I dare say seems unlikely.
    Me neither. There are lots of people having problems with shutdown, sleep, etc, in Windows 10. I told here what worked for me in case it would help someone else. Do you think I should delete the message, Sir? Is it annoying you?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    18 Mar 2016 #20
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by kmint View Post
    Me neither. There are lots of people having problems with shutdown, sleep, etc, in Windows 10. I told here what worked for me in case it would help someone else. Do you think I should delete the message, Sir? Is it annoying you?
    Annoying's a strong word - it just didn't seem relevant is all. Thanks for trying though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Shutdown problem in Windows 10
What would cause a windows 10 OS to hang at the Shutdown screen? It just keeps spinning. My on off button won't shut the PC off. This just happened last night. I first did the Start Menut>Power>Shutdown. It took me to the Blue shutdown page and just...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Windows 10 Shutdown Problem
I have ASUS X455LD Laptop with Intel Corei3 2Gb ram Since I Installed windows 10 my laptop wont shutdown properly (fan still spinning and the led on) and when i start my laptop the loading screen turns off the screen once then turns on the screen...
General Support
Difference between shutdown /p and shutdown /s ?
Hello, I followed Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7418-shut-down-computer-windows-10-a.html And I saw that there are 2 ways to fully shutdown Windows through cmd: /s and /p. What is the difference between these 2, if...
General Support
Windows 10 Startup problem after shutdown but restart is fine
Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional. When I restart the pc the pc boots up fine. However after a complete shutdown I loose display on the screen immediately after Windows Logo display. Then on pressing the power button once the pc...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums