Windows 10: Why not activate windows 10 before imaging

  1.    11 Mar 2016 #1

    Why not activate windows 10 before imaging


    I always wondered this, why NOT activate windows before imaging? Specifically 10? I have to active it to enable some features for the theme/desktop. So by doing so, what does that hurt?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 Mar 2016 #2

    vivithemage said: View Post
    I always wondered this, why NOT activate windows before imaging? Specifically 10? I have to active it to enable some features for the theme/desktop. So by doing so, what does that hurt?
    I have always done my imaging after Windows was activated.

    Edit: I would recommend doing a image before adding any programs or making any changes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    11 Mar 2016 #3

    Winuser said: View Post
    I have always done my imaging after Windows was activated.
    weird, why is it everywhere I read says NOT to activate windows prior to imaging. I also have read audit mode is basically not defunct too, because you cannot even get windows updates on the image?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    11 Mar 2016 #4

    vivithemage said: View Post
    weird, why is it everywhere I read says NOT to activate windows prior to imaging. I also have read audit mode is basically not defunct too, because you cannot even get windows updates on the image?
    I don't know the answer to that. I've always did it after Windows was activated and never had any problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Mar 2016 #5

    Winuser said: View Post
    I don't know the answer to that. I've always did it after Windows was activated and never had any problems.
    Same, I am just going through and creating some Windows 10 images, and wanting to clarify before I go too far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    11 Mar 2016 #6

    Where do you read such nuisance ??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    11 Mar 2016 #7

    IMHO, The main thing is to have a image made before you have any problems. That way you can restart from a working Windows install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    11 Mar 2016 #8

    Winuser said: View Post
    IMHO, The main thing is to have a image made before you have any problems. That way you can restart from a working Windows install.
    Of course. We also use MAK keys, but we're also semi small shop, maybe 1800 computers or so. 4 Distinct images.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I am going to update the original post below with some later information, including from some of the posts on the thread. Last edited: 2 August 2016 2 August comment: New 1607 ADK now available (from the same link as before) 25 July...
Hi Using Windows ADK 10 v1511, how do I create a CD of the Windows PE latest version for the imaging, recovery and system maintenance? Thanks Bye
Is there a freeware program that works like Ancronis True Image or similarly easy to use for even a grandma? Tried to teach elderly but hard... Thanks
imaging in Software and Apps
I see where macrium is charging now. I have all my images with them but 80$ per pc per year is steep for a retiree. It will be a lot of work to switch. Aomei and paragon are free but they soon will follow Acronis and macrium if I have any business...
Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging log in Installation and Upgrade
Hello, my native language is spanish but I will try to "make to undestand" all thigns that I will write here. May be there is not the place to log, but is my first time testing the installation to sysprep and image Windows 10 1511 (10586.0), and...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59.
Find Us