1.    10 Mar 2016 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 20
    win 8.1

    couple questions from a win 10 noob


    couple questions from a win 10 noob,
    1:Back in the day you could right click and pin to your desktop,Now how do I pin a webpage/site to your desktop?I tried right clicking and it pins to the tabs but not the desktop.I want to be able to access my dashboard without having to remember the website address?
    2:How can I speed up win 10?,My computer since the upgrade from 8.1 feels like I have dial-up and 256k memory. It's so slow. I have 6 gig, 2.5 gig processor
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Mar 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,903
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by daddywoofdawg View Post
    couple questions from a win 10 noob,
    1:Back in the day you could right click and pin to your desktop,Now how do I pin a webpage/site to your desktop?I tried right clicking and it pins to the tabs but not the desktop.I want to be able to access my dashboard without having to remember the website address?
    2:How can I speed up win 10?,My computer since the upgrade from 8.1 feels like I have dial-up and 256k memory. It's so slow. I have 6 gig, 2.5 gig processor
    Click on the upper LEFT Conner in your address bar, soon as you do, you can move it to your desktop.
    Right before the http.

    As far as your speed issues, could be lots of things doing that. I'll let someone else answer that question. We got lots of folks who can help you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    10 Mar 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,562
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.98

    I will try and help you with the second question
    Have you upgraded your BIOS and Drivers as that can slow your computer/laptop
    Also make sure all the updates are installed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Mar 2016 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 20
    win 8.1
    Thread Starter

    Would my bios need to be updated because I changed from win 8.1 to 10?can windows search for driver updates?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Mar 2016 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,885
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Have a look at this tutorial which might help you on the subject of "slowness " :

    How to Optimize the Performance of Windows 10
    Optimize Performance of Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    10 Mar 2016 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,903
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by daddywoofdawg View Post
    Would my bios need to be updated because I changed from win 8.1 to 10?can windows search for driver updates?
    No I don't your bios needs to be updated, just because of upgrading to Windows 10. But drivers can be a problem, Best to get some of your drivers from whoever made your computer. That would be the 1st place to look.

    Did you try that suggestion for adding web sites to your Desk top??
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    11 Mar 2016 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 20
    win 8.1
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    No I don't your bios needs to be updated, just because of upgrading to Windows 10. But drivers can be a problem, Best to get some of your drivers from whoever made your computer. That would be the 1st place to look.

    Did you try that suggestion for adding web sites to your Desk top??
    I'm not understanding or it doesn't work for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Couple Enterprise questions
2 PCs...1 W10 Pro, the other W10 Enterprise. W10 Pro is on an inferior old laptop and is functioning as intended. W10 Enterprise is on a bigger better desktop and there are two issues at the moment: 1) it is slower than Pro on the older laptop....
General Support
Solved I just don't understand lots of things and have couple of questions.
I have Laptop from 2010 which came with Windows 7 Home Premium (x64). It was OEM version. I bought a key and once upgraded to Windows 8 Pro before. (It was not OEM anymore after upgrade) But when I heard Windows 10 is going to be released and...
Installation and Upgrade
A couple of questions - If I do new download/installtion of Win 10...
Hi Guys, I've been (fairly) happily running Windows 10 since early August, but was thinking of doing a clean install... So I have a couple of questions: 1: If I go to the Microsoft website and download the media creation tool and make a new...
Installation and Upgrade
New W10 User Questions (Basic Questions, Please)
Hello, Brand new user. a. The new PC came with McAfee anti virus. Should I use it ? Is it as good as AVG, e.g., which I used on my old W7 PC ? Use them both ? b. And, how do I turn on the "Defender" anti virus which I understand is...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Couple questions on how to actually upgrade your system.
I've got a few questions. 1) What happens if you try to update a copy of windows 7 that is not actually genuine? 2) I do have the "Reserve your Windows 10" icon in my system tray. However, there is nowhere to download Windows 10, all there is,...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:27.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums