Windows 10: Dragging and Dropping from the search results

  1.    09 Mar 2016 #1

    Dragging and Dropping from the search results


    For example, I searched for fw18 here. I try to drag the file fw18.doc from the search results onto say my desktop, but it's not possible. It was always possible in Windows 7 but why not windows 10? Now I have to right click, open file location, then drag and drop to where I want it to go.

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Mar 2016 #2

    me too


    l1nkown said: View Post
    For example, I searched for fw18 here. I try to drag the file fw18.doc from the search results onto say my desktop, but it's not possible. It was always possible in Windows 7 but why not windows 10? Now I have to right click, open file location, then drag and drop to where I want it to go.
    Same problem here. how is this not a more widespread complaint? Maybe I haven't looked around enough. maybe there's a solution out there. If i find anything, I'll post again.
    Last edited by pokeycd; 10 Mar 2016 at 10:50. Reason: make it cleaner looking
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Mar 2016 #3

    Use 'mssearch',

    Make a shortcut with: C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{9343812e-1c37-4a49-a12e-4b2d810d956b}
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Mar 2016 #4

    Edwin said: View Post
    Use 'mssearch',

    Make a shortcut with: C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{9343812e-1c37-4a49-a12e-4b2d810d956b}
    Brilliant!!! This is the ultimate solution. It solved my other problem which is that WIN10 didn't search through outlook data. So if i use this trick, i can type in a phone number and find it in contacts, emails, and calendar items. Thank you so much!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Mar 2016 #5

    pokeycd said: View Post
    Brilliant!!! This is the ultimate solution. It solved my other problem which is that WIN10 didn't search through outlook data. So if i use this trick, i can type in a phone number and find it in contacts, emails, and calendar items. Thank you so much!
    Glad to help! :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Retaining Search Box results in General Support
I love Windows 10 but its Search Box functionality is a step backwards from Windows 7. As in Windows 7, is there a way to retain Search Box results so I can return to the results if the first file or folder I open isn't the one I want? This was easy...
Hi folks. New to forum :-). Yesterday I upgraded two Dell laptops and my desktop machine to Windows 10. I am really liking it so far. But I have two things I can't seem to resolve: 1. Search - On my two Dell laptops if I search for, say, User...
Search only shows Web Results in General Support
When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I...
When I do a search in a folder, I get results back that have nothing to do with what I searched for. 40962 anyone know how to fix? Edit: If I set "name:" without the quotes before a search I get what I'm looking for. How do I set...
Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54.
Find Us