1. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       03 Mar 2016 #1

    System tray icons not popping up


    Hello all,
    When i click on the icons located on the system tray (Battery, Wifi, sound volume, notification, and time). nothing happens.
    any help please ?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	systray.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	67399
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,450
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       03 Mar 2016 #2

    Do you see anything when you hover your curser over them.
    Like battery shows 100% charged
    On Wi-Fi tells me what I am connected to
    Volume shows my USB Headphone 100%
    Same with the others you have menstioned
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       03 Mar 2016 #3

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Do you see anything when you hover your curser over them.
    Like battery shows 100% charged
    On Wi-Fi tells me what I am connected to
    Volume shows my USB Headphone 100%
    Same with the others you have menstioned
    Yes, when i hover i can see all you mentioned but when i click, nothing !
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,450
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       03 Mar 2016 #4

    barichnokov said: View Post
    Yes, when i hover i can see all you mentioned but when i click, nothing !
    Looks like your left click is not working.
    Have you installed the latest drivers for your model laptop.
    Can you get hold of a cheap USB mouse and see if it works that way.
    If your right click works
    Right click Start Button
    Then go to device manager
    Then Right Click
    Mice and other pointing devices
    Then left click
    What opens up
    Which will open up the drivers part
    in there is where you can see to update your driver
    If Acer does not have one and Microsoft one should hopefully do
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       03 Mar 2016 #5

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Looks like your left click is not working.
    Have you installed the latest drivers for your model laptop.
    Can you get hold of a cheap USB mouse and see if it works that way.
    If your right click works
    Right click Start Button
    Then go to device manager
    Then Right Click
    Mice and other pointing devices
    Then left click
    What opens up
    Which will open up the drivers part
    in there is where you can see to update your driver
    If Acer does not have one and Microsoft one should hopefully do
    the problem is not with the mouse but only with the systray icons
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,450
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       03 Mar 2016 #6

    barichnokov said: View Post
    the problem is not with the mouse but only with the systray icons
    See if this link will do
    Icon Cache - Rebuild in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    if not then you may have to do this
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,766
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       03 Mar 2016 #7

    barichnokov said: View Post
    Hello all,
    When i click on the icons located on the system tray (Battery, Wifi, sound volume, notification, and time). nothing happens.
    any help please ?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	systray.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	67399
    How long ago since this happened.
    Did it happen since day one ?
    If it happened not too long ago, do a system restore. Pick a date when this did NOT happen as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Squashed notification tray icons...
67060 My notification area and clock have compressed since the 14271 update I didn't do anything to settings, so how do I fix ? Don't like the gap between the clock and the right hand side of the screen either :( Thanks Andrew
Windows Insider
How show the date in the system tray having the small icons enabled
How can one show the date and time in the system tray having the small icons enabled: http://i.imgur.com/RKEF9Lt.png
General Support
Hide tray icons
Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. 33220
General Support
Solved Windows 10 tray icons hide automatically, how do I disable?
Hello guys eversince Windows XP icons in the tray bar automatically hide when unused. Since I believe Windows Vista there was the option to make those tray icons visible so they didn't hide even when they were not used. I cannot seem to find this...
General Support
How Do I get ALL of my Favourite Icons on one level of the Bottom Tray
In the new windows 10, I notice that I suddenly have to back and forth between two levels on my bottom tray, to find the icons that I need. How do I get ALL the icons that I need, first of all, and then, how do I get them ALL on the same level?
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums