1.    29 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 441
    MS Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

    Just a question about pricing


    How much US dollars is Windows 10 64-bit Pro and Windows 10 64-bit Home?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    29 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,109
    Windows 10 Pro
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 441
    MS Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Thanks, Kari
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    29 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,647
    Win 10 X64 Pro 15063

    At Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com, the OEM versions are $99.99 and $139.99. The licenses are intended for computers to be sold, but as far as I know, there is no enforcement of that.

    Microsoft offers zero support for these licenses. They are also not allowed to be transferred to new PCs, unlike the retail versions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Mar 2016 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 441
    MS Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
    At Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com, the OEM versions are $99.99 and $139.99. The licenses are intended for computers to be sold, but as far as I know, there is no enforcement of that.

    Microsoft offers zero support for these licenses. They are also not allowed to be transferred to new PCs, unlike the retail versions.
    Ok, so if I wanted to build a new system I can't use the Windows 10 Pro that I updated on this Laptop for free from Windows 7? I was just thinking about buying Windows 10 Home (because it's cheaper) and put it on this laptop and put this Windows 10 Pro from my old laptop on my new system.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    01 Mar 2016 #6
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,647
    Win 10 X64 Pro 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by seek View Post
    Ok, so if I wanted to build a new system I can't use the Windows 10 Pro that I updated on this Laptop for free from Windows 7? I was just thinking about buying Windows 10 Home (because it's cheaper) and put it on this laptop and put this Windows 10 Pro from my old laptop on my new system.
    Unless the Windows 7 license on the laptop is a retail one, you couldn't transfer it to a new system. Sorry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    01 Mar 2016 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 441
    MS Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
    Unless the Windows 7 license on the laptop is a retail one, you couldn't transfer it to a new system. Sorry.
    bummer
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    01 Mar 2016 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    Quote Originally Posted by seek View Post
    bummer
    It's not a bummer - it is a good deal. You get the OS for half price.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows RAID 0 question performance question
Hi folks / performance gurus Got an old server 4 HDD storage bays and SSD with Raid 0 -- created 2 arrays of 2 logical HDD's but 4 physical HDD's (1 array 2 X 4TB, 1 array 2 X 3TB) -- Is this better than creating 1 array of all 4 HDD's - I'd...
Drivers and Hardware
Mobile Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there
Read more: Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Sr. Citizen Question: Which HP PC Desktop Question ?
Hello, Sr. Citizen now, and would appreciate some help.. Have had an HP Desktop for a number of years. Not perfect, but have had good luck with it. Time for a new one, though. Am considering another, new Desktop with W10. Their site...
General Support
Microsoft releases official retail pricing for Windows 10
Source
General Support
Windows 10 Pricing: Some questions answered, more info coming soon
Source
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums